Beach with a fee but no beach vendors?

Karysa

I'm hoping that someone can recommend a beach within a 40 min taxi ride from the pier that charges a fee to use but for that price you are not harassed by beach vendors. We are really just looking for a nice safe sandy beach with a restroom, chair and umbrella rentals and a beach bar to get drinks and lunch at where we are not going to be approached by beach vendors. 

Thanks for any suggestions.

All beaches are public. Thus, vendors can and do show up at any beaches tourists visit. A firm NO immediately takes care of them. Vigie Beach is your best bet, there's very for by PI, although fewer than others as there's a fee to enter the National Park. The beach itself there is small but picturesque. 

9 hours ago, allentownahoy said:

When are you going? Would love to hear what you think and see your photos> I am going in February

I meant that I would do research on it. There are reviews of Vigie Beach. Im looking for my stop in March. In January we have a catamaran sea and land tour booked.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:47 AM, Karysa said:

Would Pigeon Island National Park suit my requests?

We just returned from a cruise with a stop in St. Lucia.  We pre-arranged a driver to take us to Caribelle Batik in St. Lucia -- had a wonderful selection of batik clothing, purses, and other gift items and at a lesser cost than what we saw in St. Kitts.  Then we went to Pigeon Island.  Small fee to enter, short hiking paths to different fort structures with incredible scenic views.  There are two small beaches with NO vendors at all.  Chairs and umbrellas are rented by the park.  There's a company at one of the beaches (Aqua Sports) that does Snuba and some other things.  The restaurant Jambe de Bois had excellent island type food and drinks but service was very slow.   The restaurant also has artwork by local artists for sale but not cheap (my perception) about $150 to $350 US dollars depending on the size on simple wood frames.  If too big to carry on, they will roll it for you.  Bring a shipping tube to protect the art work.  We had to buy one at a later island stop.  Many people suggested enjoying the South part of St. Lucia for more tropical rainforest scenery and things to do (mud baths, etc.).  I'd skip Rodney Bay - it was just a beach are reports are of aggressive vendors, we saw it but skipped it.  Because Pigeon Island is a National Park, there are no vendors harassing you.