EDIT SIGNATURE

On PC, click your username in the upper right of the window. Select Account Settings. When Settings form shows, click on Signature.

If your current signature came over from the old site, click in the signature editor then type Ctrl-A to select everything in the editor. Press delete to remove the old signature.

If you are on a mobile, tap the blue page toolbar menu button (three horizontal bars on the right side). Tap Account then Account Settings. When the Settings form is displayed, tap Settings Area (has a menu icon on the left). Tap Signature on the menu that drops down.

If your current signature came over from the old site, press and hold anywhere in the text. A toolbar should appear at the top of the screen. Tap the rightmost button (a solid square surrounded by a dotted outline). This should select all the text. Tap the scissors button (clip) to erase the contents.

One both platforms:

You can now type in your new signature. Please keep in mind the limits that are displayed above the editor under Signature Restrictions. Specifically no more than two images, no images larger than 447 pixels x 204 pixels; no more than 3 urls (web addresses), no more than 10 lines (this includes empty lines, the cursor must not be able to travel below the 10th line of text).

Once you are satisfied with the entry, click the Save button (lower left of the edit).

Edited by broberts

In the old cruise critic there used to be a way to go to your profile and tell the system to open your roll call to the most recent post. Now I find that it opens to the oldest post first and I have to click on the double arrow to go to the last page and then hold the Ctrl-end to get to the most recent post.

So now with the new cruise critic it requires two extra steps to get to the most recent post. Do you think that is why the roll call I am following has so few post.

Surely there is someone that has enough smarts to fix this. I would fire the person that re-did the old cruise critic and made it more difficult than the old cruise critic to follow a thread. It must have been someone that did not follow any roll call that fixed it.

31 minutes ago, scapel said:

In the old cruise critic there used to be a way to go to your profile and tell the system to open your roll call to the most recent post. Now I find that it opens to the oldest post first and I have to click on the double arrow to go to the last page and then hold the Ctrl-end to get to the most recent post.

So now with the new cruise critic it requires two extra steps to get to the most recent post. Do you think that is why the roll call I am following has so few post.

Surely there is someone that has enough smarts to fix this. I would fire the person that re-did the old cruise critic and made it more difficult than the old cruise critic to follow a thread. It must have been someone that did not follow any roll call that fixed it.

@scapel - I read through the documentation for IP Board/Invision Community (because I have no life) to see if I could find an answer to this for someone else. Thread sort order is configurable GLOBALLY by the admins, but it's not something we as users can set. It used to be a user preference setting in the old software (vBulletin) but it's gone now.

It is possible to create a custom stream to accomplish what you want to do. I realize that it's an extra step and more work, but near as I've been able to figure, it's the only way to do it.  Do you want instructions? If so, reply and let me know.

18 hours ago, scapel said:

If your roll call thread appears in one of your Activity Streams, then click the blue dot or blue star to the left of the thread title. (Do not click the thread title.) That will take you to the first unread (by you) post in the thread, although you may have to scroll up one line to see the top of that post as it's usually positioned under the header banner at the top of the page.

Otherwise, go to the relevant roll call forum and do the same thing.

Do not try to go to your roll call thread by clicking the thread title, and do not try to use the Manage Followed Content page to do this (that is not what that page is for).

3 minutes ago, QueensArts said:

I added my photo to my profile but it hasn't shown up with my username on my roll call. How do I get it to so that?

If this is redundant, I apologize. Go to your profile and click on the Profile Photo button in the lower left corner of the profile picture, currently Q. In the form that pops, click on Choose single file or drag and drop a photo file on the shaded portion of the edit. (Note, there are some restrictions on image size and image file size.) Once the file is uploaded click Save. If the image is of an acceptable size, you will be prompted to adjust the display size. A dotted box is superimposed on the picture. Make any necessary adjustments and click Save.

6 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Did you mean to replace the Q   there is a picture if you hover over the Q

No. I don't know what the picture (hovering over the Q) is meant to be - some building? The photo I mean is of me on a recent cruise and I would like it to show up with the other six members of my roll call. So far one member has a picture showing, but everyone else - including me - is represented by the gold & blue Cruise Critic logo.

Click/tap on the Q.

image.png.d1ec1b8c8d1fa39570c4d6e39c3954b0.png 

Using my profile as an example, on the left you will see the Q with an image button in the lower left corner. Something like

image.png.775ba473095a02a35882da77de8c6d1d.png

Click/tap on that button and follow the directions I posted earlier.

17 minutes ago, broberts said:

Click/tap on the Q.

image.png.d1ec1b8c8d1fa39570c4d6e39c3954b0.png 

Using my profile as an example, on the left you will see the Q with an image button in the lower left corner. Something like

image.png.775ba473095a02a35882da77de8c6d1d.png

Click/tap on that button and follow the directions I posted earlier.

Did it! Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Well that is just amazing - why did you answer NO when I asked if you wanted to replace the Q?

Because it wasn't the Q that was bothering me. What I really wanted was to put the photo in the place of the Cruise Critic logo that represented me (and still does - it didn't change!) in the list of fellow passengers in my cruise roll call. One of those passengers managed to get a photo there, but everyone else is represented by the logo. I thought it would be nice if we got to know what we look like before we board. I can't understand why such a thing requires a doctorate in rocket science.

OK -  you meant here

image.png.5a48dbc00ba808dae7707a76dc28438d.png

That is the  old equivalent of the Q picture - as you can see changing one changes both.

Incidentally the Buildings that show up behind your avatar are probably an enlargement of the

portrait (Profile) picture - you can remove that or replace it or move it so you can see a more interesting part.

Hover over your Avatar and when the expanded picture come s up click on your name.

This should open the picture behind with some links  here is mine

image.png.c7db594642108d46f29045782a21b2ec.png

Click on Cover Photo and  follow the instructions.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:08 AM, scapel said:

None of my roll calls do that.  In fact no threads ta all do that.  The only way they open to the first unread post is if you click the first unread post link.  If you are getting this it is something in your setting that you need to fix.

9 hours ago, davesgirl51 said:

Go to your user name upper right hand corner 

Its a while since you were on CC then?   You may be the only member with your user name in the right hand corner?    - maybe it is on a phone or iPad - what are you using,

Yes - apologies  davesgirl51  

@Globaliser

I have just spent almost 2 hours testing this and I dont have an answer. I was going to ask

if anyone else can solve it.  

When I look at any thread well I have tried maybe 3

e.g https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2595181-change-in-traditional-dining-times/?page=13&tab=comments#comment-56279887           the top  of the page looks like this:     

image.thumb.png.eefff70957abf908ca938e294d32f211.png                                                         

However if I change the url to

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2595181-change-in-traditional-dining-times/?page=13&tab=comments#comment-56279887

It looks like  this

image.thumb.png.993cc265af913d70babf1a4586226bef.png                                                                                                                                                                  

Oddly enough it says I am logged into both ie says log out on both.

I was logged into .com

but when I click "Reply to this topic" it opens the reply box, IN BOTH - not the usual

you need to log in to reply. on the UK one

Maybe they have changed something???

Just as an aside  does anyone think the 3 logoes  rt hand of blue bar in the top .com picture

should have something to say what they are  maybe when  I hover over them

or am I supposed to know what they each mean ( ok with  Search  other 2 dont visually mean anything

obvious to me)

Edited by Aulanis
posted wrong pic

@Aulanis, the top screen grab is from a mobile page the lower from a desktop page. When I click the links the bottom (.uk) one shows no login information, i.e. I'm not logged into the .uk site.

Since the top grab is a mobile page, a hint is pointless as one cannot hover.

Hello,

I got my information from the first post in response to my inquiry about changing my signature. However when I tried to expand and add additional Cruises it would not save the information so I’m not at all sure now of what my signature looks like now but at this point it’s beyond my worrying.

Thanks to everyone

Ashercat1