Breakaway 10 day laundry special

GizmoCat

We did a 10 day on Dawn last winter. There were 2 laundry specials, day 3 and day 6. We didn't realize there would be two and sent items to be cleaned on day 3. Should've waited til day 6 after more had accumulated!  Enjoy your cruise. We'll be on the trip after yours. 😄

Edited by OHRiverRats

On Breakaway TA, they only put out the laundry flyer once. When I mentioned to the room steward that I was waiting for the next flyer, she told me that the offer was always available.  I didn't have another flyer to put in the bag but she told me just to write it on the itemized list -- which I did.  So if you don't see a flyer, just ask -- this might be a option on the longer cruises.

5 hours ago, OHRiverRats said:

We did a 10 day on Dawn last winter. There were 2 laundry specials, day 3 and day 6. We didn't realize there would be two and sent items to be cleaned on day 3. Should've waited til day 6 after more had accumulated!  Enjoy your cruise. We'll be on the trip after yours. 😄

I agree here.  We were on a 9 day cruise last year on the NCL Pearl and we had 2 laundry specials on day 3 and day 6.  🙂

On a 7 day cruise it is normally on 'hump day' (middle day) - on longer cruises back to back TA Panama Canal

Repositioning Cruises ask when you first get on board to plan your mix and match clothing deployment.

If you are Platinum or better you get one free laundry per cabin per cruise at any time.***

*** for better service plan this NOT on the same day as the Bundled Laundry package is offered !

AND as noted in a previous post ask inquire about the unadvertised laundry services.

In a Suite or Haven ask your Butler or Concierge about any specials.

For your delicates BVDs lingerie sox and hosiery bring along a little vial of laundry soap to do in cabin sink laundry.

In the shower or bath stall there should be a line that can pulled out of the wall and used to dry your small items.

Need a faster drying time - use the hair dryer on a low setting waving it over the clothes or possibly hang the

items over a chair in front of a balcony door for air drying - do NOT place on the balcony for drying.

If you have been in salt water best wash your clothing bathing suits as soon as possible to prolong the fabric life.

Hot tubs are not kind to fabrics also - you wash most clothing in cold water these days.

9 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

If you are Platinum or better you get one free laundry per cabin per cruise at any time.***

*** for better service plan this NOT on the same day as the Bundled Laundry package is offered !

This is a per platinum member benefit... not per cabin.

Edited by Buford T Justiice
edit

8 minutes ago, Buford T Justiice said:

This is a per platinum member benefit... not per cabin.

Reading previous threads and posts I believe it is per cabin and not individual.

Recent Policy change or NCL has a different view of this - - -

However if there are two P members in a cabin each pick a different day to do

the laundry instead on one in the same day - this passes muster ? ? ?

Readers response ?

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off of the Breakaway on Thursday.  On day 8 of 11, we asked our steward when the laundry special would be announced, and he said that we can use it anytime, just fill the bag and write PROMO on the the laundry slip.  We filled 2 bags, got them back the next day, and were charged $19.95 each.  They never did advertise the special during our cruise.

On 11/27/2018 at 12:36 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Reading previous threads and posts I believe it is per cabin and not individual.

Recent Policy change or NCL has a different view of this - - -

However if there are two P members in a cabin each pick a different day to do

the laundry instead on one in the same day - this passes muster ? ? ?

Readers response ?

It is per individual. 

You pick the day (we avoid the bundled laundry day for the non-platinum members).