Anthem of the Seas forward facing ocean view cabin

Jcol5786

Hello,

Looking forward to our first cruise on Anthem coming up in February. We have always sailed in balcony cabins however this time we thought we would try an ocean view because of the cooler weather we will have during parts of the cruise. The cabin we selected is 10500 which is described as spacious ocean view. The cabin is forward facing and has a sloping wall with a large square window. There is a sitting area in front of the window. We thought this was an interesting layout which appears to be slightly larger than a standard OV or balcony cabin. We are thinking that the forward view will be nice and hope we don't miss the balcony access that we have had on all of our other cruises. If any one has sailed in this cabin type I would appreciate your  comments. Thanks.

Hello. We are in that cabin--along with the same layout cabin on the opposite corner of Deck 10--on 12/21, so I will add to the comments I am sure you will receive at that time. In the meantime if you search online there are a few posts about the cabin and photos. It is way more than slightly larger than a standard OV; twice the size. Happy cruising...Paul

I got off Anthem on Sunday. While I didn't have the room type you described, we were in the vicinity of them (we had the forward-most side balcony room). On the last day when all the doors are propped open for cleaning, we were able to look in and see the forward-facing Oceanview rooms. Personally I wouldn't like them. I feel that the sloped window would make seeing the ocean more difficult. Also you are farther away from the ocean since you need to look beyond the bow to see water. On the plus side, the window is sort of halfway between a window and skylight, so if you love sun, then that might work for you. We cruise to look at the ocean, so that particular cabin would not work with our taste.

I find that looking at youtube for videos is helpful when considering different cabin types.

We were in 10506 (I think that was the # 😅) in August and we loved it.  We also usually book a balcony cabin.  Our daughter and son-in-law were down the hall in a balcony room and our room was definitely bigger.  We loved having that extra space and the extra chair to sit on.  I would definitely book that room again.

We are in 10510 for our June 2019 cruise, and it does look huge 🙂 

One thing to note since your cabin is truly forward facing: you will likely need to keep curtains closed in the evenings to avoid your cabin lights interfering with the bridge.  I've read mixed things about if our forward cabin with a port side window will have the same issue.