Aquaventure questions

IUcruising

We are going to Nassau next month on Carnival on Jan. 3rd.  We are docked 8-5. We've visited Atlantis before, but are considering the aquaventure full day. There are six adventurous adults going, three of which this is their second cruise and one it's their first.  We can go through Carnival for 170 per person on special right now for full day aquaventure for five hours with transport or buy 135 day pass through Atlantis plus transport  out of pocket that would let us stay longer it seems and be cheaper. We are trying to decide if it's worth going and what's the best way to go to the waterpark. I would love to hear from those who have booked directly through Carnival (how long at the park, what was experience like, etc...) or went to Atlantis on day pass from the cruise port. The cost is obviously a huge concern and I've seen mixed reviews if it is worth it.  My husband and I have been to Nassau before and trying to decide if this is the best money spent in Nassau with this group. It's a lot for six of us...

I've done every way possible- passes from Atlantis/Tour Website directly, Comfort Suites, and Carnival.  Honestly going through Carnival will only delay your time there as the excursion starts with a tour of the property (which is nice if you haven't been there before, but can take forever due to the tour size.)  We actually left the group and went to get our wrist bands on our own.  At the time Carnival was less expensive than Atlantis and CS was sold out.  Plus the tour included taxis back to the port with Carnival are in the same area as the regular taxis.  It's definitely worth it especially for first timers.

PS:  I see you're port 8-5.  Pools dont open until 9:00, waterpark 10:00, so you have some extra time to explore.

3 hours ago, Islandsunrise said:

I've done every way possible- passes from Atlantis/Tour Website directly, Comfort Suites, and Carnival.  Honestly going through Carnival will only delay your time there as the excursion starts with a tour of the property (which is nice if you haven't been there before, but can take forever due to the tour size.)  We actually left the group and went to get our wrist bands on our own.  At the time Carnival was less expensive than Atlantis and CS was sold out.  Plus the tour included taxis back to the port with Carnival are in the same area as the regular taxis.  It's definitely worth it especially for first timers.

PS:  I see you're port 8-5.  Pools dont open until 9:00, waterpark 10:00, so you have some extra time to explore.

Thanks for the response.  Since you have been multiple times, do you feel the experience is worthwhile for $135?  We would have access to the waterpark and aquarium through Atlantis.  I have read so much about it being overpriced, I am trying to determine if it's $135 worth of an excursion or if we should do something else.  

The water slides are not that great. The park feels old/neglected.  And you just don't have that much time.  The aquarium is amazing.  Whether it's worth it is a tough question.  Maybe a water park is new and a big deal for you. Maybe not.  If you go to other water parks, you will probably find the Atlantis park not worth it.  If it's a new experience for you then you may love it. They do have the best lazy river with rapids and everything. That's almost worth it alone lol. 

I would handle my own transportation and not do it through Carnival. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Cove Beach is practically attached to the park and is the only beach worth visiting anyways other than maybe the lagoon. So you are good. 

It's not like a theme park with entrances or anything. Just walk from the pool/slides area and on to the beach. 

Edited by BNBR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, we are going to try Aquaventure on our cruise on March 5th.  I see right now an adult "value season" is $135, is it cheaper if you buy in person at the counter at Atlantis?  I know when we go it is "low season" so prices online go up to $157 for an adult day pass.  Can anyone confirm if in person the prices are the exact same as their website or are they cheaper? thanks

• 1 month later...

Yes, you can bring food and drinks into the park, but no glass containers.  Depending on how you booked will determine how you pick up your passes.  Any way - it's easy.

Keep in mind that you cannot take food off the ship into the Bahamas (only manufacturers sealed items like chips,  packed granola bars etc. )

There's a grocery store just up the block from the port exit.  You can pick up food items and snacks.

Thank you so much scubagirrl... We purchased them directly with Atlantis, it was $30.00 cheaper than going through the ship, we are in port until 11 p.m., and figured we can stay there a little longer than the excursion through the ship too.

57 minutes ago, Kmad0202 said:

Thank you so much scubagirrl... We purchased them directly with Atlantis, it was $30.00 cheaper than going through the ship, we are in port until 11 p.m., and figured we can stay there a little longer than the excursion through the ship too.

Keep in mind the pools and slides close at 5, but th3 Dig is still open.

From what people saying, when you take a cruise ship excursion, you leave around 3 - 3:30, that will at least give us an hour extra for the water park after they leave. Then we will move unto the Dig, does this sound doable?