Old San Juan Hotel Recommendations

Desert Cruizers

Daughter & I will be taking our first cruise from San Juan for March 2020 and I am looking at the Milano, does anyone have recommendations

or experience staying at the Milano. I found majority want over $200 to 300 per night. I liked the Sheraton but that is over $700 for a 2 night stay. 

Thank you. The Milano quoted me $195 + tax & Service charges so looking at $215 per night which i can handle.

Gay

Sorry you're finding the Sheraton pricey...did you try joining Starwoods for member rates? We just ate at the rooftop restaurant Milano hotel in September and after walking through the lobby..personally I wouldn't stay at this hotel...but do go there to eat during their happy hours. We've only stayed at the Sheraton a few times but I've seen others post about the Decanter Hotel (? spelling). I'm sure you can Google it. Best of luck.

Hi Ashland, for two nights we are looking at over $700 + for a Room with 2 beds although she & I could go with 1 King. . I could bite the bullet and stay there as I really like the location. Thank you for your views on the Milano. I don't believe I priced the Decanter yet.

i am narrowing down my flights, with JB over and United back with stop in CHI & Denver but flight back leaves at 12:45 AM. If I go with JB all the way then I could leave at 12:06 PM. 

Decanter looks really nice for under $500 Refundable Rate for two nights, will check this one out further unless I decide to stay at the Sheraton. 

Gay

I've stayed at the Milano.   Comfortable bed and hot water.  It's quite worn but I'd rather spend my money on other things rather than expensive hotel rooms I just sleep in.   It was safe.    Check out the Casablanca as well.

6 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Hi Ashland, for two nights we are looking at over $700 + for a Room with 2 beds although she & I could go with 1 King. . I could bite the bullet and stay there as I really like the location. Thank you for your views on the Milano. I don't believe I priced the Decanter yet.

i am narrowing down my flights, with JB over and United back with stop in CHI & Denver but flight back leaves at 12:45 AM. If I go with JB all the way then I could leave at 12:06 PM. 

Decanter looks really nice for under $500 Refundable Rate for two nights, will check this one out further unless I decide to stay at the Sheraton. 

Gay

You're so very welcome Gay .... I know we've had several conversations ...and hoping you work everything out and enjoy this hopefully first of many now cruise's with your daughter.

BTW...On an aside note is the street fair open yet (I had always thought first weekend in November) for the season at the college...love going to this. It's been a favorite of mine for many years as we used to own a condo (vacation home) at Desert Falls Villa's in Palm Desert.

Street Fair Fall Schedule through May  7AM to 2 PM every Saturday & Sunday

Fair Map: http://codstreetfair.leapstaging.com/fair-map-palm-desert/

Daughter Carolyn is excited to travel with me and so happy she loves Cruising although her schedule is limited. due to her job with her Aussie Kingdom Australian Exhibit where she travels to all the State Fairs from February to Oct. She is in her semi traveling State to State sometimes 3 months straight with a week or two break before going out again.

Thank you also, I am sure everything will work out and the nice thing neither one of us needs a lot of frills, we can wing it as they say. :classic_smile: I will keep an eye out for the Sheraton and if I see a price more suiting I will grab it. 

Gay

The Street Fair is open every
Saturday & Sunday year round.

Fall Season
October 7th through May
7 am – 2 pm

The Street Fair is open every
Saturday & Sunday year round.

Fall Season
October 6th through May
7 am – 2 pm