Conquest Fun Times

Bob NC

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, coevan said:

We used the Fun Times on the Hub App and threw away the paper. The Hub App is so convenient, also hours and locations of all the eateries.

The paper Fun Times, can be folded up and  carried in a back pocket?    The Iphone App requires a phone to be carried around.  Good luck swimming with it!😄😊

We use the paper always!   I will try to scan the ones we have today.  We just had them out this morning!....

Just be aware, there is nothing special in them.  Just the Show lists, Food venues etc....  All of which change sometimes?

12 hours ago, jwjax said:

The paper Fun Times, can be folded up and  carried in a back pocket?    The Iphone App requires a phone to be carried around.  Good luck swimming with it!😄😊

🤔but you can swim with paper in your back pocket?  Lol 😂 

8 hours ago, marysb said:

but you can swim with paper in your back pocket?  Lol 😂 

Yes,  the paper Fun Times has no batteries, no wires or electronics!   If it gets wet and too soggy to read, get another one from the CS desk, or in some cases, at the coffee bar.   Or the info desk if you are on a private island?😄:classic_smile:    Can't do that with a wet phone!   :classic_cool:

On 12/4/2018 at 12:53 PM, Bob NC said:

Does anyone have the Fun Times for the 8 Day Conquest Southern Caribbean to share?

Sorry got side tracked....   I am scanning the 8 Day Conquest Southern Caribbean Funtimes now.   I will post shortly!

2 hours ago, coevan said:

Why would your phone get wet? It's called being responsible.

Why would you swim with your phone? BTW, there are plenty of waterproof cases available.

Why would you even carry a phone to the pool or beach on a cruise??    I mean, REALLY!   :classic_rolleyes:  Detach and have fun!😄

Edited by jwjax

The Hub app has all the ships information, kind of what this thread is all about. I have a great GPS sailing app that tracks the location, speed and heading. We use Star Walk at night on the balcony. Weather, flashlight, alarm, "Pacer" for the track, they are more than phones these days. What makes you think we don't have fun? 

13 hours ago, coevan said:

The Hub app has all the ships information, kind of what this thread is all about. I have a great GPS sailing app that tracks the location, speed and heading. We use Star Walk at night on the balcony. Weather, flashlight, alarm, "Pacer" for the track, they are more than phones these days. What makes you think we don't have fun? 

OK Uncle, Uncle!!

I grew up on the beach at Jax, and Satellite beach.  We didn't have phones back then....didn't need them!  Everyone met at the beach daily!!   Made our plans for the day/weekends etc. then.   Same for our cruises,  we actually meet people and make plans with them in person.

As for saying you are not having fun, I never said that,  it was a way of saying "unplug" ?    There is a world without phones!  Especially when on a cruise ship!

All of the info you posted is available on the TV or at the GS Desk.

Edited by jwjax

On 12/12/2018 at 8:51 PM, coevan said:

We used the Fun Times on the Hub App and threw away the paper. The Hub App is so convenient, also hours and locations of all the eateries.

I agree with you. I used to always carry a paper copy of Fun Times with me. However, for the last year, if not longer, I now keep my cell phone with me all the time and use the app to keep up with everything happening on the ship.

6 hours ago, coevan said:

This would insinuate we were not having fun. BTW, non of the apps I mentioned are available on TV or guest services.

I am pretty sure all of the info is available on the TV or GS desk!  Not an App but info none the less.

6 hours ago, coevan said:

"As for saying you are not having fun, I never said that,  it was a way of saying "unplug" ?    There is a world without phones!  Especially when on a cruise ship! "

15 hours ago, coevan said:
16 hours ago, jwjax said:

I am pretty sure all of the info is available on the TV or GS desk!  Not an App but info none the less.

no they are not, GPS? Star Walk? Flashlight?

Who cares?   Go lay out and look at the stars, lounge on the top deck,   GPS is on the TV, and why would you need a flashlight?  The ships are very well lit at night???     Smart Phones are not required on cruise ship!  As I said before "Unplug and Enjoy"