MSC Comedy of Errors

Stockjock

53 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I actually feel your pain and frustration.

In today's technological world how can things be so difficult?

Such a good product, but stupidity prevails.

Getting a problem corrected can take weeks, months or even years.  As mentioned, a problem from 2018 was corrected in 2022 only to have that correction undone when they deleted all VC points once again.

There must be a better way.

On 10/13/2022 at 3:56 PM, Stockjock said:

I wanted to add that at least one of my original issues was at least partially resolved, 4 years later.

As mentioned in 2018, we had a cruise in 2018 which would have kept our Voyager's Club points alive (must sail once every 3 years).  However, MSC drastically changed the itinerary at the last minute from 4 nights out of Barcelona to 20 nights out of Brazil and on a different date.  After assuring us that they wouldn't delete our VC points, as it was MSC's fault we couldn't go, they did just that and took our points to zero.

I recently contacted MSC because my GF hasn't received any VC points on her last 2 cruises (another error).  Also, I cannot add her VC number to our future cruises (another error).  I had asked them multiple times to reinstate our prior points and they would not do that.

After a week, I got a message from MSC saying they were investigating my points and the GF's points.  Without me even asking (this time), they added in her missing points and reinstated both of our past points that had been previously deleted.  That took her from Classic to Gold level and took me only 400 points shy of Black membership.

So when I criticize for doing something wrong, I think it's only fair to praise them when they resolve an issue, even a long-lingering one.

They still don't have the GF's account squared away.  I think the problem might be that they show her middle and last name to be her last name when they should be separated into a first, middle, and last name.  I've asked them to fix this and fingers crossed that they do.  I think I'll also hit them up for some extra OBC, since she didn't get some VC OBC on prior cruises that she should have been entitled to.

Here's a follow-up on this.

As mentioned, it literally took years to get my GF's Voyager's Club straightened out, get her past points credits and be able to add future sailings.  As also mentioned, when they had last told me it was fixed, instead the points were zero (worse than before).  

I replied to let them know things had not been fixed, and that message was fine.  I also replied again a few hours later, giving them more information that I thought would help them, which was a BIG mistake.

The person who got the first message apparently fixed her account.  All points were there.  After considerable effort, I was able to add her upcoming sailings.

After years of messing with this, everything was perfect.

However...

The person who got the 2nd message, figured that the best option would be to delete her Voyager's Club account within 24-48 hours and start from scratch.  I've been trying to see if they could not do this, as the account, after years of problems, is not perfect.

I called MSC, as I hate to e-mail VC due to the 1-2 week lag time.  In the middle of explaining things, I was disconnected.  Called back and another agent is trying to e-mail them, but she tells me that there is no phone number for Voyager's Club, which I see as a big problem.  

Anyway, here's the message I got this morning.  Just yesterday, I told my GF that I would get an award for finally straightening her account away, after years of efforts.

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting MSC Voyagers Club.
The personal information on your voyagers account
has to match the information on your online account.
Unfortunately, we cannot modify your personal
information on your online account. 
We will have your account deleted within the next
24-48 hours and you will have the ability to sign up again .
You will not lose your Voyager Status or your points. 
When you sign up again, please input your name how we have it below .

(message is unclear because they have small spacing between her first and middle name and a larger spacing between her middle and last name)

Sincerely,
MSC Voyagers Club Team

Edited by Stockjock

On 10/26/2022 at 9:35 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

Sounds about right.

It is amazing how they just keep making things worse.

Hopefully it will work out for you re-signing up.  I am suspicious of the name spelling as you said 

So far, they haven't cancelled her account.  I sent a message asking them not to do that, as everything was working fine, so fingers crossed.

17 hours ago, Stockjock said:

, so fingers crossed.

😁.

I just got my mail preview email and I have mail from MSC. It has a watermark of "non negotiable" all over it. On a cruise now till 11/13 so will wondering if it's my check from 2020.

My fingers crossed now too😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2022 at 5:25 PM, Stockjock said:

So far, they haven't cancelled her account.  I sent a message asking them not to do that, as everything was working fine, so fingers crossed.

As mentioned, I spent years getting her Voyager's Club accounts (error messages - almost zero prior points shown) squared away.  It was *finally* in a condition where the error messages were gone, future sailings could be added, and she went from Select with almost no points to Gold with 7,700 points.

And I had a day or two where things were perfect.

But then...

MSC Voyager's Club sent me a message that the way to fix her account was to delete it.  But don't worry, she wouldn't lose any of her VC points.  They said they'd do this in 24-48 hours.

I told them the account was now in good order and asked them not to delete it.  A week later, it was still not deleted, so I assumed that they got the message and cancelled that instruction.

But today, it was deleted and I had to re-register.

Past sailings gone.  All points gone.  The same type of error messages that I had before.

(sigh)

But at least both future sailings showed up.

I'm going to give it a few days just in case the issues sort themselves out, but it is a bit frustrating,

Edited by Stockjock

• 1 year later...

I have a new issue that I think is appropriate to add to this old thread.  If you scroll up, you'll see that they had issues with my girlfriend's MSC Voyager's Club account that seemed to be related to the way they listed her maiden name.  Ultimately, they deleted her account and after some time, but not without many e-mails and frustration, they restored it.

Now, I have the same problem, only I obviously don't have a maiden name and there have been no changes to my name on my MSC account ever.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I cannot access my MSC login, as I get an error that reads, "Request failed with status code 502."  I called MSC and they said they'd put in a request to try and fix it, but that apparently didn't work.  I then sent an e-mail to the Voyager's Club e-mail address.

Got a message back that MSC has randomly decided to combine my first and middle name and make that my first name and the only way to fix it is to delete my Voyager's Club account and re-do everything.  I called MSC, and the agent spoke with a supervisor.  They said there should be a way to separate my middle name and place it where it belongs.

So that's where I'm at.  Yet another unexpected and random error.

I have the same first and middle name joined together problem as you and have had it for a long time. They also have my sex wrong and i haven't been about to get it fixed and i have tried for years following several different instructions they have said to follow. But they can alter it on their end each cruise so it isn't a killer. It just don't stay changed.  Maybe i should get a sex change.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, If_this_is_tuesday said:

I have the same first and middle name joined together problem as you and have had it for a long time. They also have my sex wrong and i haven't been about to get it fixed and i have tried for years following several different instructions they have said to follow. But they can alter it on their end each cruise so it isn't a killer. It just don't stay changed.  Maybe i should get a sex change.

Are you able to log into your MSC account, or do you get the same error messages that I receive?

Posted (edited)

I can get into my 3 bookings using the booking numbers and my first and last name. Some docs/places my name is spelled correctly but others not. I have a cruise next month but am not at the 30 day window to do web check in. My voyager card has always been screwed up. Another thing i get is several offers a week to buy the booze and internet. I have a YC cruise and then a non YC b2b with the packages already bought. So a 3rd party vendor and MSC are a mess too with each other maybe. I don't want to miss reading a important email. I always book directly with MSC. I don't think i'd ever want to get in a mess and also have a agent in the mess.

I love MSC but the website and booking system still has a long way to go imho.

Edited by If_this_is_tuesday
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 12:01 PM, peder said:

jockstock isn't really resurrecting an old thread... it's a rolling list of bizarre issues about MSC.

Exactly.  It's easier for me to add to the thread to show a long-term pattern of often "bizarre issues", rather than starting new threads each time.  I only add to the thread when I think what has occurred is germane to the conversation.

That said, today MSC deleted my web account.  As mentioned, for reasons unknown, they combined my first and middle name as one odd first name and had no ability to correct this.  This locked me out of my MSC account with error code 502.

They've asked me to create a new account in a few days.  Hopefully, my sailing history will be added to the new account.

It's worth noting that that they requested that I *not* use my middle name, which is a common name.  So I think that's worth noting for others, i.e. it's probably best to not use a middle name with MSC.

Thank you for reaching out to MSC Cruises. We received your e-mail. We can confirm that your account was reviewed, and the name has been properly updated on your voyagers club account, as well as your booking. Please note, we have deleted your web account. Within the next 24-48 hours you will have the ability to sign up again with the same information provided on your voyagers club account and booking. We kindly ask that you only provide your first and last name (your middle name is not necessary) on your web account. We appreciate your patience and thank you for choosing MSC Cruises! 

Edited by Stockjock