How does muster work with multiple embarkment ports?

pspehar

The MSC Sinfonia sailing starting in Barcelona on Dec 19 will be our first time on a cruise with more than one start port.  How does the muster drill work?  Will there be multiple drills throughout the 10 day journey?  

Looking forward to our first bus stop cruise!

We just returned from the Med and new passengers embarked at pretty much every port of call. It was easier and more expeditious than I thought. In fact I wish that it could always be this easy. As others mentioned, an announcement will be made for embarking passengers to attend the drill. It will also be printed on the daily activities. And yes, they conducted a drill every single day. 

It was one of the easiest drills I’ve ever attended. Newly embarking passengers met at the main theater and our cards were scanned as we entered the theater. We comfortably sat there, no life jackets required, and they conducted their presentation. We were in and out in 10 minutes. 

Because smaller groups of people embark at each port, the chaotic jam of people that is most of the time associated with muster drills was greatly diminished. And subsequent drills didn’t impact our enjoyment of the cruise whatsoever. The cruise activities don’t come to a standstill like they do on cruises where there’s only one port of embarkation. Besides seeing crewmembers wearing their muster drill vest in hallways every afternoon for a few minutes, the drills went mostly unnoticed. 

• Thanks 2