Karib Golf Cart Rental - Out of Business?

LVCRUZN

Just a heads up for any of you with upcoming reservations for golf carts.  On May 14, 2018, I reserved two four-seat golf carts for our day in Grand Turk on Dec 3, 2018.  I paid the deposit of $45 via paypal and received email confirmation that same day.  My sister also reserved one golf cart a few weeks later and paid deposit.  When we arrived Grand Turk on Dec 3 and found the representative, she asked "didn't you get money back?"  When we replied "no" she said "I only have one golf cart and am pretty much out of business."   

Since one cart for the 10 us was not going to work, we were able to make a deal with some other guy right there (I have no idea who he was) for one six-seater and one four-seat for  $200 cash total, so it all worked out in the end.  

I am now trying to get my deposit back and see that their website no longer works.  I sent an email requesting the deposit be returned; if I don't hear from them soon, I will dispute it via paypal.  Anyways, you might want to confirm and see if you have a reservation or your deposit returned.

• 4 weeks later...

We rented a golf cart last January... the piece of junk barely ran and it was such a hassle keeping it running. We returned it within the first hour. Next time we are just going to stay in port or on the ship.