Havana Rooms?

CarnieAddict

I want to do a Havana too and I've started copying info and saving it when people post. Here's what I found in an earlier post:

Get a Havana Balcony on Deck 5. We had #5239 which was last cabin before pool area.... Excellent location...so close to bar and pool area. Complete privacy on one side. Additionally you can enter your cabin from porch/balcony area (separate card) so it saves you alot of steps and you don't need to make the big circle by going through Havana Bar and entering cabin from Hallway. Loved the relaxful atmosphere and top notch pool/bar service. Doubt we will cruise again on any other Carnival ships which do not have this area.

For Havana Interiors on Deck 5 you do need to make sure they are back of the Havana Bar bandstand if you go to bed early.  You can hear the band. so look at cabins with numbers lower than 5220.

On deck 7 the two interiors closest to the aft balcony cabins are Havana Interiors. 7448 and 7457.  I'd look into those.

We just booked 5201 on the Vista and I hope its a good location.  We had a group of five and one dropped out so we bit the bullet and thought this would be a great treat for us.  We'll be crowded as can be with four women in one cabin but it will be an adventure.  We're never in our room except to sleep anyway.  

5201 on the Vista is the first Havana balcony in from the plaza bar area on the starboard side.  Back of aft elevators across the passage way from you.  Crew space for Plaza bar on one side.  Cabins above and the ladies room for the Limelight theater below you.    Have fun. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

5201 on the Vista is the first Havana balcony in from the plaza bar area on the starboard side.  Back of aft elevators across the passage way from you.  Crew space for Plaza bar on one side.  Cabins above and the ladies room for the Limelight theater below you.    Have fun. 

Wow, thanks for that info.  

We had a Havana inside on Horizon for 9 days. My wife enjoyed it so much that upon our return from that cruise she insisted we re-book our upcoming cruise to a Vista class ship.It was a great location for us because of the quick access to the Havana pools and bar.

As for noise, the music was clearly audible and lasts until after midnight, but it was not really bothersome to us. If you are a super light sleeper it may problematic. Our neighbors in a Cabana room told us they only noticed the music one night and it wasn't troublesome for them.

For me, I would take a Havana interior over a balcony anywhere else on the ship for the price because the private area makes is that much of an enhancement. I don't know if I would find the same value proposition in a Havana cabana or Havana balcony room since the price premium over the interior is so large and the outdoor space seems superfluous with the private hot tubs, pool, bar, and deck area just a few feet away, 

• 3 weeks later...

We moved from a balcony to and inside Havana cabin on the Vista and received obc since it was cheeped.  We loved it so much we have the Horizan booked next Dec in the Havana interior.  We missed the Balcony in the early morning and at night but the private pool area way surpassed our expectations!

We stayed in the Havana area on our Horizon cruise this past August.  It was the first time we could do so because our daughter was finally the right age.  We had a cabana and the kids had an interior.  We spent so much time at the pool area/bar, we all agreed that interiors are great for the Havana concept.  The music from the Havana bar at night didn't bother the kids.

We loved being on Deck 5 as it is so easy to get to things.  Plus, the coffee shop is literally steps away, so I could sneak out early in the morning before the lines and grab my coffee to sip on the balcony.  They also serve hot breakfast in Ocean Plaza so you can avoid the lido lines (but you do have to brave them if you want an omlette). 

If you sail in the summer when there are lots of kids, the Havana area is totally worth it.  We never had trouble finding a chair (shade or sun) and the pool was virtually empty.  You get to know the staff and the other guests better than any other cruise I've been on because you are always in the same area.

If you can splurge, I highly recommend it.

Just returned from the Vista and we stayed in a Havana Cabana (5209 - starboard side). This was our first ever cruise and we are planning the next one again in Havana on the Vista. We are not party people and got the Havana for the peace and quiet. It did not disappoint. We loved the patio and sat out there quite a lot, especially given that we had a lot of cloudy, chilly days.

The pool area was great. It was busy the first sea day but still seats to be found. After that it was pretty sparse most of the time. The pool water was cold but the hot tubs were warm (not hot), so they were nice to relax in and watch the sea.

Deck 5 was great. So close to many things and easy to get around once you understand the layout. We took stairs everywhere so I can’t comment on the elevators but I never hear any noise from that area. I was worried about the nightly bands but we never heard them. I can imagine interior rooms would hear them.

The room itself was nice. Nothing special but has different carpet and furnishings than other rooms. Plenty of storage for two people. All our luggage fit under the bed, including large bags. Always had hot water when we wanted it. The A/C was very good. Never had a problem with being too warm. The fridge did a pretty decent job of keeping drinks cold, but a good tip is to open the cabinet door for the fridge and leave it open when you can. That cabin gets pretty warm, even with vent holes. The sliding door to the patio was a bear to open and near impossible when it was windy. Maybe that was specific to our room. I’m hoping the next one is easier.

For us it was definitely worth the cost and we are now spoiled!