Carnival Fantasy November 17-22, 2018 Review

cruisewithwife

We made into dinner.  I will say the one thing we did miss that wasn't on here but Carnival has just done away with period is the tasting bar.  I would say that was always a fun thing to do on the way to dinner while taking pictures.  Anyways here is the menu for tonight

enhance

Took a few more pics at the table with the girls

enhance

enhance

enhance

• Like 1

First up was the stuffed mushrooms.  These are decent on the cruise

enhance

The crab cake was delicious and may have been one of the best things I ate the entire cruise

enhance

The girls had the clam chowder but is not the typical clam chowder we are use to 

enhance

The girls got the mushroom fussili for their meal...this is delicious since they got it I didn't have to order it I could get some bites in

enhance

The grilled jumbo shrimp were delicious and I may have had 2 or 3 orders of this cuz the kiddo didn't want hers and the waiter accidentally brought an extra one.

enhance

DW got some salmon she is a big fan of their salmon on the ship always tasty

enhance

• Like 1

Not even all of our food had been brought out yet and on the microphone came "Showtime".  We enjoy the waiters and waitresses doing their performances and the girls love it.

enhance

enhance

Ok so not all of them danced as some still brought us more food...here was the prime rib that was delicious

enhance

More dancing

enhance

enhance

Next was dessert after all of that delicious food

enhance

So if you read my last review you may have been shocked the first night at dessert when the little one didn't get her go to.....but tonight she did and can you tell how excited she was....chocolate melting cake

enhance

As for the rest of us we ate  the best dessert on the ship creme brulee

enhance

Like I said earlier there was a girl about same age is our oldest so tonight they colored at the table together

enhance

After dinner we decided to go to the comedy show.  So DW, the girls, GM and I headed to the show.  John Mulrooney was the comedian and when I say hilarious I mean it.  He messed with the crowd the entire time.  He is one of the best comedians I have ever seen and it was a PG show but made it amazing.  The oldest one's stomach started hurting so after that show I ended up taking her back to the room to relax for a while.  Everyone else stayed to watch the other comedian he was not as good.  When got back to the room found our towel animal

enhance

DW came back after the other show so I decided to take a walk around the ship as she laid down with the girls.  It was pretty dead around the ship surprisingly

enhance

enhance

enhance

I ended walking up to lido to grab a slice of pizza which was a little disappointing as this ship did not have the light night menu with the lasagna like others we have been on.  They did do a late night snack thing with like grilled cheese and some random stuff every night.  So after my slice of pizza I headed back to the room for some rest as tomorrow was our first stop in Progreso.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 9:25 PM, Canadian Tyler said:

Really enjoying your review and pictures. We sailed with our 9 year old on Fantasy in August and had a great time, so this is bringing back great memories.

Thanks yes writing the review is a fun way to relive the memories and make seem not so long til the next one

On 12/22/2018 at 9:56 PM, OceansOfTravels said:

Enjoying your review! I am on the Fascination tomorrow so I am using your pictures to somewhat illustrate the Fantasy class for me, I have never sailed a Fantasy class ship before. I can't wait to finish your review when I return from my trip!

Hope you had a blast on your trip...sorry to disappoint that review is not done yet

We pulled into Progreso pretty early.  DW and the youngest went up for breakfast earlier cuz the oldest was still sleeping.  When she finally got up we went looking for them which turned into a disaster.  We walked the whole ship a few different times and then finally found them.  Important note always make sure you give a specific location where to meet by a certain time.  Here is some morning views of Progreso when we first got in.

enhance

enhance

We had been to Progreso once before and it is definitely not the most amazing sites when you are docked.  

enhance

Progreso is known for its super long pier.  When you first get off the boat there is some shops and bars here is an overview picture and will show you more in a bit.

enhance

The pier is over 4 miles long and you have to ride shuttle buses to get to the actual land.  Here is a picture of the pier

enhance

First few steps back on land again a few pictures of the Carnival Fantasy

enhance

enhance

We were the only cruise ship here today so that did make it nice as not as many people in line for the shuttles.  In order to get to the shuttles you have to walk through some duty free shopping.  Of course people are going to try and sell you things.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Here is a few videos while walking through the shops inititally

We got on the shuttle bus and started heading into town.

enhance

enhance

We made it into the bus drop off area which has many shops and excursion options that are not affiliated with the ship.

enhance

DW wanted some new sunglasses so we talked to a younger guy at a shop and of course everything starts out really expensive.  I think her sunglasses alone started at $35.  We ended up I got a pair of Oakleys and she got a pair of Coach sunglasses and I paid $25 or $30.  Overall thought it was a pretty good deal and we both enjoyed our sunglasses.  We planned on doing the double decker bus tour.  They have one at this area but it is a lot more expensive.  If you walk through the shops out you come right to the one we were looking for which is $5 a person.  We chose to sit on the top of the bus and that is where the tour guide spoke as well.

enhance

• Like 1

It is a very nice tour and I would recommend it just to get to see the various things in town.

enhance

enhance

There is 2 drop locations that they will do the shuttle buses at this is the one we went to last time.  The one this time was much nicer.  I am guessing they try not to use this spot unless multiple ships are in port as it is farther away from things.

enhance

You can see our ship way over there

enhance

They stopped when we got down by the beach so we could take pictures in front of the Progreso sign

enhance

Our tour guide was very nice and took pictures with all of our phones so we could get some family ones

enhance

enhance

He had said you need 3 different angle photos so got the close up from the side and then back

enhance

• Like 1

The beach was looking a little rough as they had a big storm go through the previous week and there was seaweed everywhere.  Our tour guide said they would clean it up later this week but since it was a holiday no one was working on it today.

enhance

This is a video of the 2nd half of the bus tour.  

We finished up the bus tour and walked to the beach.  It was about 3 blocks away so nothing bad.  There is numerous people trying to sell you things the whole way there.  We made it to the beach and the girls were excited to play in the sand.

enhance

enhance

The girls decided to walk down in the water.  It was pretty rough so we didn't do any swimming

enhance

There is many massage huts on the beach and you will be asked numerous times if you would like one

enhance

enhance

• Thanks 1

After being at the beach for a little bit we decided to head back towards the ship.  We walked back to the shuttle buses and boarded.

enhance

We walked through the shops and looked at a few things.  Grandma got some shirts for the kiddos and Grandpa found some banana tequila and decided to purchase.  This stuff was very smooth and in case I didn't mention they pass out lots of samples in these shops.  Through the shops we decided to stop at the bar area before getting back on the ship and took some pics

enhance

enhance

This is the bar we went to and they have a swimming pool which we did not swim in

enhance

Here is their menu

enhance

enhance