Sea Princess

Gwendy

yes..but when we spent 38 days on her Sept/Oct 2018... it was opened only in port and sometimes not even then, the 4 or 5 times we tried to utilize it on our sailings, it was not open. 10 was the deck if I remember correctly.

Edited by land lover

We usually use the front deck  on deck 11. It has partial shade from the Bridge overhead. There is also access to decks on 9 and 10 but not deck 8. I think it is for crew. These forward decks are closed at night. If you want to go out and the 'strap' is across the doorway you go to, try the other side. Sometimes they open one side and seem to forget the other side.:classic_biggrin:

On 12/16/2018 at 8:03 AM, land lover said:

yes..but when we spent 38 days on her Sept/Oct 2018... it was opened only in port and sometimes not even then, the 4 or 5 times we tried to utilize it on our sailings, it was not open. 10 was the deck if I remember correctly.

Hi Aus Traveller :-) I'm on the Sea in just under 5 weeks... any clues or advice you have for me?  I'm doing the NZ trip, which I've done before on the Sun, and was on the Sea in March for a little 4 nighter, but any more recent tips would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Vickie. 

The only thing I can think of is that we headed for to our usual forward-viewing spot (deck 11) to watch the entry into Milford Sound, but this was very early and the Security staff hadn't opened the deck. Grrr. We had to head up to deck 15 forward.

The only other hint I can think of - Don't expect to find many books in the library. It used to be good, but no longer. I think people have taken home books they haven't finished and Princess hasn't topped up the supply of books. There are usually a lot of 'exchange' paperbacks left from the previous cruise. I usually take a couple from home, then go to the library very soon after boarding to put in a couple of books and get a couple of new ones.

Anytime dining works well on the Sea P. It is in the restaurant on deck 6.

Edited by Aus Traveller

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The only thing I can think of is that we headed for to our usual forward-viewing spot (deck 11) to watch the entry into Milford Sound, but this was very early and the Security staff hadn't opened the deck. Grrr. We had to head up to deck 15 forward.

The only other hint I can think of - Don't expect to find many books in the library. It used to be good, but no longer. I think people have taken home books they haven't finished and Princess hasn't topped up the supply of books. There are usually a lot of 'exchange' paperbacks left from the previous cruise. I usually take a couple from home, then go to the library very soon after boarding to put in a couple of books and get a couple of new ones.

Anytime dining works well on the Sea P. It is in the restaurant on deck 6.

Thanks very much!  We've chosen traditional dining for 7.30 so will see how that goes for us.  Getting excited now :-)