Amsterdam to Budapest mid April flooding changes?

World Gallery

New to river cruising.  My husband surprised me by putting a Viking River cruise "on hold" for April 16-30 for our anniversary until midnight tonight (one cabin left).  He didn't do any research on river levels (didn't even know this could be an issue).  A friend told him about it and he was sold but the friend didn't go in the spring.  I tried reading reviews but wanted to ask the experts here.  What are the chances of the river being too high in mid to late April for this route?  I would be disappointed if we were on a bus or switching ships many times.   It is on Viking Gefjon, Grand European Tour.  He wants to book ASAP.  Thanks.  

I understand it can't be predicted exactly but I was wondering about the time of year.  I live in a hurricane prone area so I understand it is risky to book a cruise in August and Sept. for the Gulf of Mexico.  Just wondering if there is the equivalent to the "height of hurricane" season in river cruising from Amsterdam to Budapest.

10 hours ago, World Gallery said:

I understand it can't be predicted exactly but I was wondering about the time of year.  I live in a hurricane prone area so I understand it is risky to book a cruise in August and Sept. for the Gulf of Mexico.  Just wondering if there is the equivalent to the "height of hurricane" season in river cruising from Amsterdam to Budapest.

Unfortunately it isn't even a matter of not being exact, it really is 'who knows' these days.

I do appreciate that this isn't helpful, but coming off of an extremely disrupted period with exceptionally low water for many weeks it really isn't possible to say very much about April.