3-9-19 Splendor ship time?

CA_Cruzing

We’re in Cabo on 3-11-19, Splendor cruise, and are in port from 10A-7P..

Does the Splendor change it’s ship time versus local time this time of year?

Trying to plan a whale watching trip and would like earliest excursion possible (we have FTTF and know Cabo is a tender port).

Depending on the time of year, Splendor might change time. Mexico moves forward/falls back on a different schedule than the US.  Ship's time will end up being an hour earlier than port time.  Have sailed these itins many times.  

21 hours ago, CA_Cruzing said:

We’re in Cabo on 3-11-19, Splendor cruise, and are in port from 10A-7P..

Does the Splendor change it’s ship time versus local time this time of year?

Trying to plan a whale watching trip and would like earliest excursion possible (we have FTTF and know Cabo is a tender port).

Your shore excursion people are well aware of the times. They will most likely notify you as to the time to meet, nothing to worry about. 

12 minutes ago, coevan said:

Your shore excursion people are well aware of the times. They will most likely notify you as to the time to meet, nothing to worry about. 

We’re doing a private shore ex so knowing the answer to my question is important. 

If if anyone knows exactly the time change, you’re reply would be greatly appreciated. 

Ill also research this myself. I was hoping CC peeps would come to the rescue here. 

I promise, they will know. This is what they do for a living several hundred times a year. My son was a Capt. in St.Thomas for years, taking cruise passengers snorkeling. They know when you arrive, if you are docking late, when you depart, when boarding is probably as much as the guests, relax. They don't have guests, they don't make any money.

Research shows:

Los Angels is GMT-8

Cabo is GMT-7 (mountain time zone)

PST moves to PDT on Sunday March 10 2019 (+1 hour)

MST moves to MDT on Sunday April 7 2019 (+1 hour)

So on Mar 11 2019 we should be on the same time as Cabo if the ship does observe PDT. Hopefully the boat doesn’t change times due to this small overlap of PDT and MST. 

Still seeking a definitive answer if someone actually knows. Thx. 

27 minutes ago, coevan said:

I promise, they will know. This is what they do for a living several hundred times a year. My son was a Capt. in St.Thomas for years, taking cruise passengers snorkeling. They know when you arrive, if you are docking late, when you depart, when boarding is probably as much as the guests, relax. They don't have guests, they don't make any money.

I agree with your thoughts. However I am trying to decide, do I book the 11A excursion or 1230P? If I book the 11A, we will be done by 130P which leaves enough time to do two other to-do’s in Cabo. This is my challenge.