Time in Port Specifics?

Wendy The Wanderer

Wendy - not aware of arrival/departure times posted in the public domain. Suggest contacting them for a quote, as they send a draft invoice/contract, which includes a detailed daily itinerary with arrival & departure times. We had 2 weeks to decide, but were under no obligation to proceed.

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Wendy - not aware of arrival/departure times posted in the public domain. Suggest contacting them for a quote, as they send a draft invoice/contract, which includes a detailed daily itinerary with arrival & departure times. We had 2 weeks to decide, but were under no obligation to proceed.

Thanks yes, if we decided to do this, we'll get a quote and study it. I'm just a bit leery about the times, since some cruise lines tend to short change you on port times.

If you want to review the arrival & departure times for 2020, send me an email and I will copy the itinerary from the invoice to a Word document. While the 2021 WC has a better schedule in the Meddy, many other parts are similar to 2020. Our email is on the blog home page. 

I'm with Wendy on this one.   My husband and I may be joining friends on a cruise in 2020 and I was also looking for the port times, which I'm use to seeing as part of the itinerary and was disappointed that they aren't listed anywhere either.   Viking,  you may want to consider a change to your website.   

• Like 1

Last week we booked the March 2021 Viking Orion sailing of Bangkok, Bali and Beyond whilst onboard the Viking Sky. We are doing it Bali to Bangkok. We were very disappointed to see the detailed itinerary when we got emailed the invoice as one port has been dropped. (Seemingly, according to the future cruise consultant onboard, the dropped port is  featured in the itinerary’s photography on the website.) We were also disappointed to see that the sailing times in the major ports (Singapore and Kuala Lumpur) were 5 or 6pm. Still debating what to do. We usually sail with Princess and appreciate the way they explicitly state port times on the website. 

3 hours ago, Pyroforyou said:

You didnt mention which cruise you were looking but look at that cruise reviews most will take about port times especially if they were short. 

Not sure who you're talking to, but if it's me, forget it.  I'm looking at a world cruise and I'm not willing to look up cruises that include all those ports in hopes of finding a bad review because of a short port time.  When and if I get a quote, I believe I"ll get a schedule along with it, which is fine, but why not publish these times upfront?