Update on W Miami (Brickell Ave) Pool

Host CJSKIDS

Just thought I would pass along the news on the beautiful infinity pool that has been closed for over 2 years.  It officially opened today!  I know some have been asking for hotels with nice pools and this is one of the best.  The W shares the pool with The Icon.

GET OUT!!!

I am so excited by this news!  That pool is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

I plan on booking a room there this winter specifically to spend a day at that pool.  And to eat at Komodo!  

Thank you so much for the update!

Edited by BlueHerons

3 hours ago, dreamofcruising said:

Any pictures of this pool online?  Thanks! 

My friend that live there overlooking the pools are away but if you google Icon pool you will see pictures of the pool both before and during the construction.  They said it hasn’t changed too much.

Maybe the pictures don't do it justice but it kind of just looks like a rectangle pool.  With some chairs around it. Lol.  What am I missing here?  Almost every hotel in Florida has a pool. Can you explain a little more about what makes this one special or unique? I'm really curious why this is a big deal. 

15 hours ago, BNBR said:

Maybe the pictures don't do it justice but it kind of just looks like a rectangle pool.  With some chairs around it. Lol.  What am I missing here?  Almost every hotel in Florida has a pool. Can you explain a little more about what makes this one special or unique? I'm really curious why this is a big deal. 

It’an infinity edge pool and considered one of the largest hotel infinity edge pools in the country, it was in Florida at least.   It’s actually 3 pools and Travel and Leisure rated it one of the tops.  It’s a 2 acre pool deck with a 205 foot infinity edge pool that overlooks the river and then other pools. The hot tub was for 80 people which made it the world’s largest, not sure if that changed. Very cool and very pretty.  

If you look for other images,  you will see how nice it is.  

Granted, the infinity edge view isn’t as pretty as the one from the adult pool at the Four Seasons in Maui but the pool is nicer.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

I guess I don't get why a big pool means nice pool. But obviously people like it.  I would think features like an amazing view, slides, waterfall, beach entry, stuff like that... The view sounds nice anyways and maybe someday I'll check it out. I thought the infinity pool at the W in Dallas was amazing but it wasn't big.  Maybe this one has a similar vibe to it and is much bigger. 

9 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I guess I don't get why a big pool means nice pool. But obviously people like it.  I would think features like an amazing view, slides, waterfall, beach entry, stuff like that... The view sounds nice anyways and maybe someday I'll check it out. I thought the infinity pool at the W in Dallas was amazing but it wasn't big.  Maybe this one has a similar vibe to it and is much bigger. 

It has an amazing view!  You are overlooking the river, the ocean, south beach etc. it is a very cool pool deck.  There is something quiet spectacular about sitting on the edge watching the boating, cruise ships and life go by in a big city that is very unique. 

There have been posts here lately asking about hotels in the downtown area that offer great pools and this happens to be one of the best in the area. The pool at the Four Seasons is another beautiful pool in the area. Hence the reasoning behind my thread. 

Oh, how nice.  I just happened to book this hotel, kind of by "accident" (or really panic as the weekend we'll be there is apparently already booking up quickly and prices are outrageous) this morning.  Now I feel even better about my choice :-)