Edge tv

bstrong3

Does anyone know if you can bring your own recordings of shows to watch on the tv like on a flash drive, and does it work on the edge tvs? If you did, how ?and was it easy? Thank you I will be on the 2/24 sailing can't wait!!!

We managed to view a video cast from an Android phone via Chromecast. It does have Apple Play as well. We couldn't see a means of plugging in a USB stick or switching sources using the supplied remote. We had an E2 IV stateroom.

11 hours ago, bstrong3 said:

Does anyone know if you can bring your own recordings of shows to watch on the tv like on a flash drive, and does it work on the edge tvs? If you did, how ?and was it easy? Thank you I will be on the 2/24 sailing can't wait!!!

We do this on almost every cruise. We plug my laptop into the HDMI connection on the TV.

There were a couple of cruises that it did not work .. so we just watched movies on the laptop.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:11 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I've never seen the ability to view video's directly off a thumb drive on any Celebrity Ship.   I understand that the TV on the Edge have the ability to view videos cast from a iPhone but have not yet tried.

Jim, could you email me please.  ginny irvine at g mail  

I found another thread where you mentioned a good vpn and I am in need of one.  Thanks