Explorer of the Seas accessible cabin photos?

My husband suffered a stroke a few months ago and we've tried to get an accessible cabin for cruises we already had on the books, but the price had gone up so much it was not doable.  However, we just booked a new cruise for 2020 and we were able to get an inside with virtual balcony accessible cabin for only an add'l $100/pp.  I wondered if anybody had any photos they could share or any input about our particular cabin 1305.

Thanks!

Maybe I am not understanding what you have written.  You should not be paying anything extra for an accessible cabin.  That would be against the ADA.  If a balcony cabin, for example, is a certain price, the accessible balcony cabin should be the same price.

Keep on calling Royal Caribbean.  Accessibles may open up.  We were even able to move to an accessible on one trip after Royal had verified the muster list — very late on the first night.  Good luck.

8 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Maybe I am not understanding what you have written.  You should not be paying anything extra for an accessible cabin.  That would be against the ADA.  If a balcony cabin, for example, is a certain price, the accessible balcony cabin should be the same price.

Keep on calling Royal Caribbean.  Accessibles may open up.  We were even able to move to an accessible on one trip after Royal had verified the muster list — very late on the first night.  Good luck.

Don't think thats what OP meant, paying more for same Cat cabin/Accessible Cabin. They paid $100pp for different date, accessible cabin they didnt need before and now just wants pictures of cabin

Edited by ONECRUISER

Jerseygirl3,

We were on the Explorer in September for 11 days on Pacific coastal cruises.

My better half had broken her neck so we got accessible stateroom 1305.  You will love it. It is large and the virtual balcony is such a nice touch to an inside.  The bathroom is large and very accessible.   Shower is great.  Sorry I have no pictures but you can google accessible cabins on RCL and it shows it pretty good. 

Edited by earlydiner

9 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

My husband suffered a stroke a few months ago and we've tried to get an accessible cabin for cruises we already had on the books, but the price had gone up so much it was not doable.  However, we just booked a new cruise for 2020 and we were able to get an inside with virtual balcony accessible cabin for only an add'l $100/pp.  I wondered if anybody had any photos they could share or any input about our particular cabin 1305.

Thanks!

You're going to fly to Florida?  Have  you looked at cruises out of Cape Liberty?

On 12/31/2018 at 4:27 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Don't think thats what OP meant, paying more for same Cat cabin/Accessible Cabin. They paid $100pp for different date, accessible cabin they didnt need before and now just wants pictures of cabin

I think the reason we had to pay $100 more was because I was interested in an interior cabin, and the only one available was an interior with virtual balcony.  I guess that one goes for a bit more than a standard interior.  As far as being able to get an accessible for previously booked sailings, by the time we inquired (we had booked them before his stroke this past August), the price had gone up so significantly that it would have cost $1,800 more to get an accessible.