Can I ask about a resort stay on this board?

Taishartrueblood

Hey all, I usually cruise but this time my dad wants to try the Hard Rock in Punta Cana. I have used Cruise Critic before for some excellent advice and answers to questions and I wanted to see if it was acceptable to ask about resorts on this board or if anyone knows a similar board that I could ask these type of questions on.

Thanks all!

I have not stayed at the Hard Rock but we loved Dreams La Romana in the Dominican Republic. We mix it up with all inclusives and cruises.  Dreams had the most beautiful beach of all the places we have been.  Food was good and it was easy to into all the restaurants. 

• Like 1

We also chose DLR for our 2 week visit to the DR, primarily because it’s located a 5 minute walk to the small fishing village of Bayahibe rather than in the middle of nowhere among other resorts. Excursions also leave out of Bayahibe which is very convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

I normally do cruises, but for our 10th anniversary my DH wanted to do a all-inclusive resort. My travel agent booked us for Dreams Palm Beach in DR and it was wonderful! I recommended paying extra for the "Unlimited-Luxury". It gives you all kinds of extras including concierge services. We by-passed the check in desk for the concierge services. One thing to watch out for, instead of the time-share sales, they try to sell you a vacation-membership. Just don't agree to anything. Skip that sales breakfast if possible. I didn't realize what it was and they signed us up for it. They will give you a special deal on something like the romantic dinner on the beach if you will attend this meeting. Just say no and enjoy the rest of your vacation. If one of their sales reps approaches during your trip, just tell them you've already attended the advent.  We even told them our concierge (by name) set us up and we're all good. The reps would leave us alone.

The resort is older, but it has been renovated. The food was awesome, especially the Seaside Grille, which is for "Unlimited-Luxury" guests only. I would go back in a heartbeat. Here is their website... Dreams Palm Beach Resort

If you need a travel agent, just let me know. I can give my agent's name. She works for AAA. 🙂

IMG_2281.JPG

We had considered PC, but chose the Dreams property in the Bayahibe area just because we prefer to be able to go off-resort and experience the towns and take the excursions from nearby. For resort stays Punta Cana is what most people do...

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2019 at 12:48 PM, Taishartrueblood said:

As a followup, we stayed at the Hard Rock and were not impressed at all. I haven't written my review up on them but we will certainly not be returning

Sorry you didn’t enjoy the heck out of your stay, that is a shame for the investment and time. We’ve not stayed at any of their properties, was it just that resort, or Punta Cana?

Yes off-resort excursions and close proximity to a town was why we chose the Bayahibe area..and recommended it over Punta Cana...Punta Cana is fine if staying on the property all the time (except the HR in your case).

We may try the HR here in the Riviera Maya for a few nights out of our home here, if we do I will report back!

Edited by blue_water
  • Like 1