STARTED ROLL CALL REMOVED

WHY is a ROLL CALL I started a month ago removed because someone else started one a month later and asked for them to be "combined"?

Celebrity Summit Aug 16-30, 2020 14 Night Iceland & Greenland Cruise  was removed and the new thread added... missing the posts initially started.

When I look for the Followed thread--it is GONE... 

11 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

WHY is a ROLL CALL I started a month ago removed because someone else started one a month later and asked for them to be "combined"?

Celebrity Summit Aug 16-30, 2020 14 Night Iceland & Greenland Cruise  was removed and the new thread added... missing the posts initially started.

When I look for the Followed thread--it is GONE... 

It's not unusual for duplicate Roll Calls to be merged.  Otherwise you have some people posting on one and other posting on another and (sometimes) people posting on both and everyone gets confused as to what's going on.

I'll hazard a guess that your Roll Call was the one merged into the other since the date format you used on yours "Aug 16-30, 2020" is incorrect for the Roll Call finder tool to see it.  The newer thread has the date formatted correctly "August 16, 2020"

You'll now need to follow the new thread.

umm not merged. just missing

and I used the format suggested and used on many roll calls...

The "new" post author asked for the merge... and no--no one else has posted

AND any posts on the original thread are gone-- only find info on email notifications... CC eliminated the posts

4 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

umm not merged. just missing

and I used the format suggested and used on many roll calls...

The "new" post author asked for the merge... and no--no one else has posted

AND any posts on the original thread are gone-- only find info on email notifications... CC eliminated the posts

I'm guessing the newer thread was the one picked up by the Roll Call finder tool since the date formatting is the correct one.  Some looking for your roll call prior to that one starting would not have found it using the "Find Your Roll Call" link because of the incorrect formatting.

In the "Learn How To Create A New Roll Call" link at the top of the main Roll Call forum it says:  you MUST include the sail date in the subject line, and here's the suggested format:    Example: January 1, 2016
Please note the suggested date format with the month first and spelled out completely will help your new Roll Call topic appear on the Roll Call Finder tool faster. 

So I'm figuring that's why yours was dropped.  I'd suggest you send an email to help@cruisecritic.com and ask why all the posts on the deleted thread were dropped and not incorporated into the new thread.

Posting on the forum only gets you responses from other CC members and not the people who make those changes.