Just off the Summit out of San Juan on the Christmas Cruise

funfamilytime

Embarkation was a breeze.   Just make sure you have your boarding passes printed out and your passports ready.  It took about 15 minutes in total.  No lines or anything.  We got there at about 12:30 pm.  

I don't have hotel advice in San Juan as we stayed in Ponce a few days before and drove to the port in our rental car.  But Puerto Rico was beautiful in the Puerto Del Sol part of the Island.  The south-west side.  

• 3 weeks later...

On my Summit cruise last week the walk-off started around 7:20, so it can vary by cruise. I have been on some Caribbean cruises where walk-off was delayed until around 8-8:15am so you need to be prepared for delays and plan flights accordingly.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2019 at 1:14 PM, mom23guys said:

How was embarkation? Any issues with staying the night before in a hotel and getting to the port?

Have gone out of San Juan 4 times on the Summit. Have never had any issue going from the hotel to the port. Usually stay in OSJ but also once in Condado

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

On my Summit cruise last week the walk-off started around 7:20, so it can vary by cruise. I have been on some Caribbean cruises where walk-off was delayed until around 8-8:15am so you need to be prepared for delays and plan flights accordingly.

I agree - I've been out of SJU many times but it varies from cruise to cruise and year to year.  It's been a couple years so that's why I was asking.  The more information I get, the better I'm able to make a decision on flight time out.  Last time, we were at the airport by about 8:30 (didn't rush and didn't do walk-off) and had to sit around for 4 hrs.  That was not fun watching other flights taking off.