Upgrade to a Guarantee room after final payment

38 days until we sail and I see there a Guarantee neighborhood balcony cabins available for less than $200 than what we paid for our inside cabin. Will they allow us to upgrade to a guarantee cabin? I assume it would be a Boardwalk balcony since I only see one central Park balcony left.  If we do upgrade are we guaranteed to get a neighborhood balcony, we would not want an ocean view balcony (without knowing where it is)?

Bigger room + balcony. Potential noise concerns that we are aware of. any other pros and cons of upgrading to a guarantee room (I assume we also get a Johnny Rockets meal)?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, StevenClarkNB said:

If we do upgrade are we guaranteed to get a neighborhood balcony, we would not want an ocean view balcony (without knowing where it is)?

Bigger room + balcony. Potential noise concerns that we are aware of. any other pros and cons of upgrading to a guarantee room (I assume we also get a Johnny Rockets meal)?

The only guarantee is that you'll get a neighborhood balcony or better.

The perks you get are the ones that go with your cabin assignment, which in the case of an OV balcony is nothing.

Edited by Biker19

If you take the neighborhood balcony guarantee, you are promised a neighborhood balcony cabin OR BETTER.  You have no control over what it is.  You could, therefore, get an oceanview balcony cabin.  (why don't you want one?  There are no bad OV balcony cabins on the ship).

Whichever cabin you get, you get the perks that come with it.  (doesn't matter that you booked with a guarantee)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, StevenClarkNB said:

Thanks for the info! Interesting that if i was to bid for a neighborhood balcony room using the new Royal Up my original low bid option was $200 PP CAD (compared to the $125 PP CAD cost currently)

Not only is it that worse financially, apparently when you "win" one of those Royal Up bids, you can't move from the assigned cabin like you can under a GTY booking.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2