LIVE from Summit - 1/5/19 - 12nt Lesser Antilles Caribbean - Penthouse

WonderMan3

2 hours ago, The Mommy said:

What a great review - thank you for spending the time to share your experience.

We sailed Summit to Hawaii in 2007 and we have booked our return visit for 2020 on the 11 night Dutch Antilles Cruise.

I am so pleased you were impressed and we are hoping she wont disappoint after our last few cruises being in Solstice Class.

We love the Penthouse and it brought back some nice memories for us - here is a lovely story for you.

In 2007 we had only just started cruising and we  met a lovely couple who we chatted to most days on the deck at the back of the ship. In those early cruising days we were 6 couples all in inside cabins. We had planned to watch the volcano from a good vantage point on the deck.

On the morning of the volcano sail-by the lovely couple invited us for drinks in their cabin - I thanked them but declined and explained we were a group of 12 so would stay with our friends. They said of they understood and would we bring them along just for a drink. We accepted and were given a cabin number. We eventually found the cabin and knocked on the door and imagine our surprise - it was the penthouse!!! we had no idea what a balcony cabin looked like - let alone a suite so we all entered and were given lovely nibbles and champagne served by their butler and we all watched the sail-by from the fantastic balcony.

What a wonderful evening we had and we are forever thankful to Sandy for the kind invitation. We have remained friends ever since however we have never met again.

We have still not been able to book suites but we always take Balcony cabins now and we will always remember our wonderful evening in the penthouse.

That’s a lovely story. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Fabulous review.  Thank you so much!  When is your MSC cruise?  We have dear friends that cruise in the Yacht Club, and I do not think you will be disappointed.  In fact, I wonder if it will become your cruise line of choice.

Thank you. We will be doing the Bellissima for 7 nights followed by the Seaview for another 7 nights in September going out of Barcelona.

Thank you so much for the wonderful Live from report. We are  doing the same itinerary January 29. Reading through it answered lots of questions on that busy itinerary. I see in the picture you posted during your captains luncheon Mr. Albert is still onboard.  That’s good to see,  we sailed with him numerous times on  several repositioning cruises on the Summit.  He’s one of a kind. 

Thanks again

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vmacchirol said:

Thank you so much for the wonderful Live from report. We are  doing the same itinerary January 29. Reading through it answered lots of questions on that busy itinerary. I see in the picture you posted during your captains luncheon Mr. Albert is still onboard.  That’s good to see,  we sailed with him numerous times on  several repositioning cruises on the Summit.  He’s one of a kind. 

Thanks again

Yes, he was there. He was like a bit of a celebrity. Some of the other pax at our lunch were going up to chat with him and take photos with him.