I'm Late! Reflection Review

Terre

3 hours ago, Sneakie said:

Thanks for the review!  We are doing this itinerary in March on the Reflection.  Just wondering if you remember how long you were at the Locks in Panama?  Considering doing the same tour but we want enough time at the Locks to take it all in. 

I believe we were there close to an hour if not longer, I can't remember exactly.  I would book the ship's tour here as traffic is really bad.  You will enjoy the Reflection.

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

We've been back and forth on whether or not to include Cartagena when deciding on an ABC cruise in a few years.  We'll be nearing 70 by then so your review gives food for thought.

I'm glad it was helpful for you.  The streets are crowded and some places in the streets and sidewalks are uneven.  You are also in and out of a bus if that's is another concern for you.  I don't have a lot of strength in my arms so pulling up to get on the bus was difficult for me.  It is a lot walking.  I love the ABC itinerary, wish I was going with you!

Edited by Terre

3 minutes ago, Terre said:

I'm glad it was helpful for you.  The streets are crowded and some places in the streets and sidewalks are uneven.  You are also in and out of a bus if that's is another concern for you.  I don't have a lot of strength in my arms so pulling up to get on the bus was difficult for me.  It is a lot walking.  I love the ABC itinerary, wish I was going with you!

I see you're from Charlotte.  We're up in the University area.  Love it here.

Well hello, neighbors!  We are near the University area, 

between University and Mint Hill, just off of Harrisburg Rd.  I worked in the University area for 21 years, actually six years before there ever was a University area!

• Like 1

What an amazing review.

We're on this cruise in March, as a celebration for my 30th birthday. It's our first ever cruise so your insights are extremely helpful. Any other top tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Laura

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laumat19 said:

What an amazing review.

We're on this cruise in March, as a celebration for my 30th birthday. It's our first ever cruise so your insights are extremely helpful. Any other top tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Laura

Laura, my best advice is to go over to the Port of Call forum for excursion ideas in the ports.  Also,  Deladane has done a fantastic review of this itinerary and since she is also young it might give you some great ideas for excursions. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2334665

• Thanks 1

NemoCrownie thanks so much. That's great.

We've booked an excursion at every port via the Celebrity website. As first timers we were too afraid to book locally but will certainly consider it next time. Do you know, by chance if we have an additional time to explore for ourselves or if the tour bus takes us straight back to the ship when the excursion ends? Perhaps my travel agent would be the best person to ask but this forum is brilliant there are so many cruise 'experts' so I thought i'd try my luck.

Thank you,

Laura

5 hours ago, Laumat19 said:

NemoCrownie thanks so much. That's great.

We've booked an excursion at every port via the Celebrity website. As first timers we were too afraid to book locally but will certainly consider it next time. Do you know, by chance if we have an additional time to explore for ourselves or if the tour bus takes us straight back to the ship when the excursion ends? Perhaps my travel agent would be the best person to ask but this forum is brilliant there are so many cruise 'experts' so I thought i'd try my luck.

Thank you,

Laura

Terre, is correct. Celebrity tours take you back to the port.  I am sure it is a liability issue as they guarantee return to the ship.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:25 AM, Laumat19 said:

What an amazing review.

Thanks again,

Laura

Other than the tips in my review,

1.  get to the terminal as early as you can, by 9:30-10:00, so you can board early.  That will give you plenty of time to explore the ship after lunch. 

2.  You can't get in your cabin until after 1:00 so if you don't have anything crucial in your carry on like meds or jewelry, print a luggage tag for it and check it at the terminal with your luggage.  That way you don't have to lug it around with you all over the place.

3.  If you feel the shower in your cabin is too small, use the spa showers.  It's free, just ask for a locker key.  They will keep your cabin key until you return the locker key.  The showers are bigger and they also have better towels.

4.  If you haven't already done so, find the roll call for your cruise and then register for Cruise Critic's Celebrity Connections party.  That's where you get to meet others on your roll call in person.

Other than that...do as much as possible, participate in as much as possible, try new dishes, explore your ports, take lots of pictures, and enjoy your cruise.  Don't sweat the small stuff--your cruise is what you make it so don't spend it complaining about spots on the carpet.  A warning, though...cruising is addictive!

Edited by Terre
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2019 at 12:59 AM, Terre said:

Other than the tips in my review,

1.  get to the terminal as early as you can, by 9:30-10:00, so you can board early.  That will give you plenty of time to explore the ship after lunch. 

2.  You can't get in your cabin until after 1:00 so if you don't have anything crucial in your carry on like meds or jewelry, print a luggage tag for it and check it at the terminal with your luggage.  That way you don't have to lug it around with you all over the place.

3.  If you feel the shower in your cabin is too small, use the spa showers.  It's free, just ask for a locker key.  They will keep your cabin key until you return the locker key.  The showers are bigger and they also have better towels.

4.  If you haven't already done so, find the roll call for your cruise and then register for Cruise Critic's Celebrity Connections party.  That's where you get to meet others on your roll call in person.

Other than that...do as much as possible, participate in as much as possible, try new dishes, explore your ports, take lots of pictures, and enjoy your cruise.  Don't sweat the small stuff--your cruise is what you make it so don't spend it complaining about spots on the carpet.  A warning, though...cruising is addictive!

Thank you so much  this is fantastic!

• Like 1

Such a great review!  Thank you.  Your review came from the heart and you did not sugar coat anything nor did you embellish anything that you did not find to your liking.  We appreciate it, as we have an interest in this ship because we will be on it for an 11 day out of Ft. Lauderdale in April.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Compass Rose said:

Such a great review!  Thank you.  Your review came from the heart and you did not sugar coat anything nor did you embellish anything that you did not find to your liking.  We appreciate it, as we have an interest in this ship because we will be on it for an 11 day out of Ft. Lauderdale in April.  

Awwwww....thank you!  I try to be honest with my reviews, if you're not, it can't really help anyone.  You will love the Reflection!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 4:36 AM, Laumat19 said:

Thank you so much  this is fantastic!

Laura, I thought of another tip for you.  If you are coming from a cold climate, pack a pair of shorts and t-shirt in your carry-on bag so you can change in case it's warm when you get on the ship.  Usually FLL, Miami, and Port Canaveral I are warm enough in March to change into shorts once on board.

21 hours ago, Terre said:

Laura, I thought of another tip for you.  If you are coming from a cold climate, pack a pair of shorts and t-shirt in your carry-on bag so you can change in case it's warm when you get on the ship.  Usually FLL, Miami, and Port Canaveral I are warm enough in March to change into shorts once on board.

great advice! much appreciated.