Final Payment

MichLeBlanc

17 minutes ago, MichLeBlanc said:

Our final payment date is coming up next week; should we not be receiving e-mails from Celebrity as a reminder? We booked through a TA maybe this is why? (We will be paying today but just curious)...

If you booked through a TA, it is up to them to issue reminders.

Why would the cruiseline send you a reminder? You were notified of your final payment date when you booked the cruise. Any fiscally responsible adult should be able to keep track of when payments are due. That's what calendars (paper or electronic) are for. If you used a TA, they may or may not send you a reminder. 

Just now, mom says said:

Why would the cruiseline send you a reminder? You were notified of your final payment date when you booked the cruise. Any fiscally responsible adult should be able to keep track of when payments are due. That's what calendars (paper or electronic) are for. If you used a TA, they may or may not send you a reminder. 

I certainly have marked it in my calendar!!!  Was just a little surprised that I didn't get any notification that's all....this being our first cruise we weren't sure how it work.

27 minutes ago, MichLeBlanc said:

I certainly have marked it in my calendar!!!  Was just a little surprised that I didn't get any notification that's all....this being our first cruise we weren't sure how it work.

If yo use a TA, they defnitely, not the cruise line, should be sending you a final payment notice in advance of the final payment date  If they are not, maybe you need a different, more reliable TA for future cruises

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

4 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

If yo use a TA, the defnitely, not the cruise line, should be sending you a final payment notice in advance of the final payment date  If they are not, maybe you ned a different, note reliable TA for future cruises

Yes, she has been in contact with us.

MichLeBlanc,

i am sorry some of my fellow CC members were less than understanding of your situation.  Sometimes people forget what it  might be like for a first time cruiser.

I also mark it on my calendar.

My TA always sends me a reminder.  If I am going to in an error where I am not using my phone (like on a different cruise), I call my TA and make my payment.

Since it is possible to get a bad TA it is always a good idea to monitor the due yourself.

Enjoy your first cruise.  I have very fond memories of my first cruise as it was our honeymoon,  38 years ago.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

MichLeBlanc,

i am sorry some of my fellow CC members were less than understanding of your situation.  Sometimes people forget what it  might be like for a first time cruiser.

I also mark it on my calendar.

My TA always sends me a reminder.  If I am going to in an error where I am not using my phone (like on a different cruise), I call my TA and make my payment.

Since it is possible to get a bad TA it is always a good idea to monitor the due yourself.

Enjoy your first cruise.  I have very fond memories of my first cruise as it was our honeymoon,  38 years ago.  

Thanks for the kind reply...that was more of what I was expecting when I asked the question!! LOL

We've been counting down the days and are finally in the double digits...yahoo!! LOL :classic_biggrin: