From Livorno Truffle Hunting with Lunch?

scher

Am looking to be picked up at the port of Livorno to go on a truffle hunt.  Has anyone done this? Please give me any information you have.  I am having a hard time finding a tour at a reasonable price.  $1000.00 for 4 people is way to much.  The truffle hunting and lunch is about $400.00 to $600.00 but a 45 minute ride from port to San Miniato and back shouldn't be $400.00 for 4 people.

Is this for your September cruise?  There is a white summer truffle in season during September, but if you’re looking for the knock-your-socks-off-from-50-feet-away experience with the black truffle, you may be disappointed.  Fresh black truffles are only available from November to February.  The tour might be interesting in the off season, but it may not be what you are hoping for.

7 hours ago, scher said:

Not sure how to do that. Nor how to find the cost

What I meant was you seem to know what the costs shouldn't be...not sure how you know that. But report back on what you find out. Bear in mind, if you arrange a private driver, you are keeping that driver and car busy for the drive to, the entire time you are doing the tour, eating, etc. And then driving back. And Europe isn't cheap.

23 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

What I meant was you seem to know what the costs shouldn't be...not sure how you know that. But report back on what you find out. Bear in mind, if you arrange a private driver, you are keeping that driver and car busy for the drive to, the entire time you are doing the tour, eating, etc. And then driving back. And Europe isn't cheap.

Really? A 45 minute ride to a place in any town in any country shouldn't be 200.00 each way. That's common sense and your rude in the way you put it. No need for further comment. 

1 hour ago, scher said:

Really? A 45 minute ride to a place in any town in any country shouldn't be 200.00 each way. That's common sense and your rude in the way you put it. No need for further comment. 

You missed the point again...oh well...