Extra Cost Activities

cat29

I am planning on booking a Celebrity Cruise on the Summit for November.  I'm new to Celebrity and am trying to find out what kinds of activities are offered and what prices are charged for those activities.  I have seen different wine tastings mentioned on here and a formal tea (not sure if that's still offered).  I just like to know ahead of time what's available and have the money budgeted for the ones that I'm interested in.  Thanks!

There will be a lot of daily activities for free but some premium ones for extra cost, usually things like wine tastings or whiskey tastings.  Some classes come with a fee, like specialized cooking classes, but others are free.  There are behind the scenes tours for a fee.  Hopefully recent cruisers on Summit might point out some of the costs.

Many of the fitness center classes  such as Zumba, Spin, yoga have a fee.  Frequently there is 1 free IPad class then the others in the series have a fee.   Mixology, wine tastings, bingo all have fees.  

Wine tasting run from $20 up.  No sure about the prices for the fitness center classes as I believe these were increased since I last checked.

We were on Infinity last month and did the Around the World wine tasting and really enjoyed it. There were 6 reds and 6 whites offered from various countries at stations set up around Cellar Mastsrs and you were able to go around and get as many tasting pours as you like of each during the 2 hours. There was also a small buffet of canapés, meats and cheeses. I believe the cost was $30 per person.

On our Silhouette sailing last February they also offered a premium wine tasting event. That one was sit down with I believe 7 wines (including a champagne, a port and multiple reds and whites) all at price points of $100 per bottle or more. If I recall correctly, the price of that tasting was $75 per person.

There are many posts in this part of this forum that have copies of the "dailies" from various Celebrity ships. A good look through those will reveal the range of activities and whether they are free or at extra cost.