best snorkeling tour in Roatan?

cruisebarbie

We just spent 8 days in Roatan and have visited by cruise at least 10 times.  West Bay is our favorite snorkeling spot.  You don't need to prearrange a snorkel tour.  Contact Ronystours and book transportation to West Bay.  Lots of places to rent gear along the beach.  Walk in to the water - right to the reef.  It is gorgeous.  If you want to zipline, Roatan is a great place.  it is very inexpensive. South Shore Canopy is very close to West Bay Beach. If you want a custom tour - book Rony's freestyle tour.  This is what we always do.  You will have a private driver for the day.  Go see the monkeys, sloths, zipline, stop anywhere you like for photos, etc. - all at your own pace.  This will be the best money you spend on your cruise - always our favorite stop!sSj1iqQqViEMj_NF7sGaCv0hITt5TP7-XeI_KleitdwblVOrwkTLhRFrUErE1lt6UX_NPvyV09DKeV9-

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from Carnival Breeze and had an excellent snorkel tour with Radical Adventure Catamaran.  It is not the West End though.. They go to the south end of the island.  The food, drinks, staff were all wonderful. They picked us up and it was a 40 minute drive or so to get to the sailboat.  The road has been improved so not bumpy like it used to be.  We went to 2 snorkel stops and had a great lunch.  Highly recommend!  http://www.svfreeradical.com/

• Like 3

Unless the link is taking you someplace other than where it takes me.... 

scroll down past the calendar. 

• Cruise Ship Sail & Snorkel Excursions @ $120/person
  • -
  • East End Snorkel & Sail Day @ $145/person
  • -
  • Private Charters Start @ $1200

• Children under 15 are 1/2 price

Edited by Guest 2000

4 minutes ago, Guest 2000 said:

Unless the link is taking you someplace other than where it takes me.... 

scroll down past the calendar. 

• Cruise Ship Sail & Snorkel Excursions @ $120/person
  • -
  • East End Snorkel & Sail Day @ $145/person
  • -
  • Private Charters Start @ $1200

• Children under 15 are 1/2 price

Wow, I must need more coffee!!!   Thank you!!! 

We've been to Roatan twice and both times snorkeled.  We went with different companies both times as each offered two completely different experiences.

First time we went we used Roatan Ecotours   http://roatanecotour.com/the-tour/   We had a fantastic tour.  We actually snorkeled 3 stops versus stopping at the beach.  There were only 4 of us on the boat.  Allesandro and Javi are great guides.  Javi even took my camera and dived down to get better pictures for me.  We had a great time and would not hesitate to go with them again.  Roatan is beautiful and lush but it's true beauty is under the water.

The second time we went we went with Radical Adventures  http://www.svfreeradical.com/  We went to the east/south side of the island where the road ends and boarded a catamaran.  We had two snorkel stops, tons of food and drink and a relaxing day.  The snorkel stops were better than the ones we went to on the west end and west bay.  The first stop we were the only boat and the second another boat came along but were outside the reef because they were diving.  

I would not hesitate to do either again.  Both were well worth the money.  

Marie

1 hour ago, beachgirl32931 said:

We've been to Roatan twice and both times snorkeled.  We went with different companies both times as each offered two completely different experiences.

First time we went we used Roatan Ecotours   http://roatanecotour.com/the-tour/   We had a fantastic tour.  We actually snorkeled 3 stops versus stopping at the beach.  There were only 4 of us on the boat.  Allesandro and Javi are great guides.  Javi even took my camera and dived down to get better pictures for me.  We had a great time and would not hesitate to go with them again.  Roatan is beautiful and lush but it's true beauty is under the water.

The second time we went we went with Radical Adventures  http://www.svfreeradical.com/  We went to the east/south side of the island where the road ends and boarded a catamaran.  We had two snorkel stops, tons of food and drink and a relaxing day.  The snorkel stops were better than the ones we went to on the west end and west bay.  The first stop we were the only boat and the second another boat came along but were outside the reef because they were diving.  

Marie

Thank you so much!! 

We did Roatan Ocean Adventures in July and they were absolutely fantastic!  They operate from the east side of the island, and we were never around crowds at all.  The coral was in great shape, and after the cruise they sent a bunch of pics that they took of us and the snorkeling to our email.  Great people, and a great experience.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 12:51 PM, kimandginag said:

Thank you so much!! 

On 1/28/2019 at 10:58 AM, beachgirl32931 said:

Marie

Can you share some of the major differences between the 2.  We had looked at Radical Adventures but they were almost double the cost of the other companies.

Just now, pwhomesales said:

Yeah I can't justify the double cost for the food and drink when I can go back on the cruise and have it all and be included 

I know it is more, but the main reason I am doing it or want to is the lack of the crowds.  It is also suppose to be a much better site to snorkel.  

On 2/26/2019 at 11:41 AM, pwhomesales said:

Can you share some of the major differences between the 2.  We had looked at Radical Adventures but they were almost double the cost of the other companies.

Major differences are:

Roatan Eco Tours is a pontoon boat, you just get a snack and beer, water, and possibly soda (my memory is failing today).  You get beach time.  The snorkel site is on the north side of the island so the water is not flat calm but calm with a little bit of waves.  Ride to dock is not too long (maybe 20 minutes max - seemed shorter coming back to ship)  There were only a couple boats where we snorkled.

Radical Adventures is a catamaran, you get breakfast snacks, snacks full lunch, beer, soda, water, liquor.  No beach time.  The Snorkel site is on the south side of island.  Water was flat calm, not even a ripple in both sites we snorkeled.  I felt the snorkel site was much better than the blue channel and the spot off west bay beach.  The ride was about 40 -45 minutes going and again seemed shorter coming back.  We were the only boat in the first snorkel stop and a dive boat came and went outside the reef the second stop.  You do need a minimum of 6 for this trip but shouldn't be a problem if posted on roll call and fb pages.  We were able to get the required minimum right away and I only booked cruise 3 weeks before sailing.

Both crews were great!  If you have never snorkeled or been to the beach in Roatan - Roatan Eco Tours offers both in one trip.  

Like I said I wouldn't hesitate to do either again.  We will be in Roatan in October and I am letting our friends decide which one they want to do.