Ship Temp in Alaska

TexasCruiser84

Odd question here - but has anyone noticed whether NCL keeps the interior temps of Alaska bound cruise ships cooler than its warm-destination ships? Trying to plan out what to wear for dinners, shows and such. Was on the Escape in September and the interior temp was fine for me. Are Alaska ships kept colder as people are still in pants or sweaters and the like? Or would sleeveless dresses still work? 

Thanks!

I don't find AK to be all that cold but I am used to highs in the 70s and to me 90 is sweltering heat - so YMMV. But on my three trips to AK on the Sky and most recently the Pearl, I found that the interior of the ships was kept in the comfortable range for short sleeved shirts - I don't wear sleeveless dresses :classic_biggrin:.

I too have found the ship temp in my 2 previous Alakska cruises to be comfortable and on par with a warm-weather destination. I wore short sleeves and a pair of lightweight leggings on my sea days to " lounge" in around the ship and the temp was quite nice.

The average temp in the ship are the same. 

In the Caribbean, the HVAC is dumping a large volume of cold air in and you could get stuck under a vent. In AK, the ship still runs HVAC cooling air, but less so (lots of heat generated by bodies, equipment, lighting, etc). And, as needed, heating in certain areas. 

But, the set points of the temp in the ship are the same. 

I would add that it is shorts and t-shirts weather in the ports during the summer. Don’t think about sitting on an ice cube for the duration of your cruise. 

Edited by BirdTravels