Single Smoking Thread (Use for all smoking discussions on HAL) )

Lyndihop

Posted (edited)

I'm wondering how far back the "seaview bar area" extends?  Does the smoking area include the deck chairs all the way back to the back rail of the ship?  On our last cruise, there were some people taking ashtrays off the tables and taking them to smoke in sun loungers right next to the back rail.   I thought the smoking area was pretty much understood to be the tables under the overhang on the starboard side.  

Edited by mightycruisequeen

3 hours ago, mightycruisequeen said:

I'm wondering how far back the "seaview bar area" extends?  Does the smoking area include the deck chairs all the way back to the back rail of the ship?  On our last cruise, there were some people taking ashtrays off the tables and taking them to smoke in sun loungers right next to the back rail.   I thought the smoking area was pretty much understood to be the tables under the overhang on the starboard side.  

The lido aft deck rules seem pretty laxed for quite a while. As long as I have cruised on HAL, that area was considered "Adults Only", yet, on almost every cruise, we would see at least one child swimming in the pool, sitting in the smoking section, etc. I think the staff can only do so much.

That being said, we smoke in the shade where the ashtrays are on the tables.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mightycruisequeen said:

Yes, your understanding is correct. Unfortunately, adherence to the rules is not always enforced.

• Like 1