Upgrade offers?

Seagirl123

I do not think so.  I have never been offered an upgrade.  I have, however, called and asked if there were any upgrades available.  One time, I got an upgrade from an inside to a Oceanview for $20.  If you see another room you are interested in, you can call and ask for anything, all they can say is no. 🙂

• Like 2

Upgrade fairy is unpredictable in both timing and offerings.

The only thing you can count on is that offers seem to occur less in the month(s) leading up to final payment, and then there might be a short flurry right after as rooms become available when bookings get cancelled or changed.

And even then I wonder if that is all just anecdotal...

• Like 1

You can always pay to upgrade. Just do a mock booking for a room that you like, figure out what the difference in price is, an decide if you want to pay it. 

As as far as a really good deal from the Upsell Fairy is concerned, they are not common. I’m not talking about the emails or pop up messages prompting you to upgrade for a certain amount, which is typically just the going rate difference between the category you are in and a higher category. I’m talking about an actual phone call from someone offering you a better room at a fraction of the cost. While they do happen, the likelyhood of getting one is not very good. You are better off booking something that you are happy with to begin with. Then, if you get a call, it will just be a bonus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1