Drinks Cost (alcoholic)

ERIN123

On 1/9/2019 at 6:05 PM, Buford T Justiice said:

Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person. Additional main courses will be charged at the a la carte price listed on the menu.

Additional sides should be free.

We had the 3 meal dining perk last Feb on the Pearl -- unless a MAJOR change has occurred you get a FULL meal on the dining plan perk.  Of course, if you want an additional main dish you WILL pay as this is not the Main Dining Room.

21 minutes ago, pretzels66 said:

we usually always just present our card when getting drinks on any cruse line, tip is always added on automatically.  NCL was the first FREE package we have been offered where they charged gratuities on our upfront bill, it was 277.,,,i stated I  may  not drink that much in tips so the FREE package wasn't really free for me..i will be drinking heavily the week before on land with friends, I may not want to look at another drink on the cruise:)..so for me not a FREE package.  for others who vaca once a year and drink heavily go for it

I assume when you say 'upfront' bill you mean your cruise invoice....we've had the free bev package perk (although on our pre cruise invoice we were of course charged the tax &  gratuity). There is a ticket given on board with each drink order and a place to have an ADDiTIONAL gratuity added - but you've paid already and no tipping is expected once on board. The pre paid tax and tips averaged about $20 per person per day -- we drank way over that  -- not only alcohol but other included beverages as well. Definitely worth it to us -- only a bloody mary in the am and wine with dinner would break even.

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, Buford T Justiice said:

Coors light (16 oz.) is $6.95 plus gratuity or about $8.34

Just circling back to this thread to say there were no 16oz Miller / Bud / Coors Light cans on the Gem last week only 12 oz... but the price remained the same $6.95 plus gratuity.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:27 PM, ERIN123 said:

I'm comparing a balcony (select your room) and get the perks vs. sail away which you don't pick the room but no perks. I'd save a lot for the sail away room (giving up room choice) plus save the $20 pp per day for drinks. It really brings the cost down but still haven't decided.

I had a free drinks package on my last Celebrity cruise, and they include gratuities there. $20 pp per day is so high. I would never spend $99 on drinks in a day so paying a tip on that amount seems silly.

You need to forget he $99....and concentrate on the $20 a day...would you drink $20 a day in drinks, if so, it's a no brainer if you want to pick your room.