Civitavecchia train station to ship?

morebeaches

We will be spending some time in Rome and Florence before our October cruise on the Edge. I see that there are direct trains from Florence to Civitavecchia, which we are considering. But I'm finding very little information about getting from the train station to the ship, so I'm turning to the knowledgeable people here to help.

Thanks!

A quick look around the board would find info on a bus from train station to free shuttles in the port. I think the cost is 2 euros. Or you can take a taxi from train station direct to ship, although taxis may resist the short run. Or you may walk from train station to free shuttles. 

• Like 1

Was just in Civitavecchia.  We took the bus, but be aware that it doesn't run for a few hours in the middle of the day, or at least that's what we thought after doing some research.  Also, you'll need to buy a ticket at the little coffee shop to the right of the train station and the bus stop.  You can't buy a ticket on board the bus.  You also don't need to go into the train station, as there will be lines for people buying tickets, but these are train tickets, not bus tickets.  The coffee shop is just to the right (outside) of the train station.  It's possible you can go through the train station to the coffee shop, but if you find the bus (which is easy; it's well marked) it's easier to go to the coffee shop directly from outside.  We came up some stairs (I think) from the train station, walked to the bus with our luggage, and then were told to go and buy tickets. Therefore, it would probably be best to look for the coffee shop as soon as you exit the train station and are on the ground floor, not after you find the bus.  2 euros is the correct ticket cost. 

Google port of Civitavecchia and you'll hopefully find a little booklet online which explains where the buses go, when, etc.  Just be aware that the buses drop you off at a place called Largo della Pace, not at the ship.  There's a free shuttle bus from the Largo (square) to each ship, but they aren't exactly as frequent as some might like.  But with luggage I certainly would not want to walk from there to any cruise ship.

Edited by roothy123