Cabin storage

Nextcruise42

Clothes go in the wardrobes, numerous drawers and on shelves. Luggage under the bed.  Tip: leave the suitcase open and use as a "drawer" for shoes.  Toiletries loose on bathroom shelves or keep in your wet pack on the shelves under the vanity.

There is more than ample storage.  I usually take some extra hangers but don't always use them.  Many tops are wash and drip dry, so it's not like we need to take 14 shirts/tops each.  Do a bag of wash and fold halfway through the cruise as well.

How many people in your cabin? I have been in a Balcony on the Escape twice and both times storage was not an issue. Standard carry-on sized roller bags fit well under the bed. There are several cabinets with shelves under the vanity/tv counter. There is counter-top and several small shelves above the sink in the bathroom, as well as several shelves and a cabinet below. There are drawers under the sofa in the room. The only "lesson" I learned after my first sailing is that there aren't any drawers in the closet. The closet just has open shelves. So I bought some of these collapsible cloth storage cubes at the Dollar Store to use as "drawers" and they worked out great when I returned to the Escape in October. They fold down to be completely flat, so hardly take up any room in your suitcase. And they cost a dollar a piece, so if you don't even want to bother to pack them to bring home at the end of your sailing, you could just leave them or toss them out!

QP938khnK9efUo-weP81bzXQI_89pbVXSS2QNi8C

Edited by JamieLogical

3 minutes ago, Nextcruise42 said:

2 in the.cabin. Great tips. Thanks for replies.

Yeah, with two in the cabin, I don't think you'll have any issue. Remember, you can ask your room steward for more hangars too. Though I think the last time I stayed on the Escape, I counted 21 hangars in the closet?

15 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Clothes go in the wardrobes, numerous drawers and on shelves. Luggage under the bed.  Tip: leave the suitcase open and use as a "drawer" for shoes.  Toiletries loose on bathroom shelves or keep in your wet pack on the shelves under the vanity.

There is more than ample storage.  I usually take some extra hangers but don't always use them.  Many tops are wash and drip dry, so it's not like we need to take 14 shirts/tops each.  Do a bag of wash and fold halfway through the cruise as well.

Do the closets already have any hangers?  If so, roughly how many?

3 minutes ago, MamaLady76 said:

Do the closets already have any hangers?  If so, roughly how many?

The closets have some hangers (depends on how many people have taken or destroyed over time). You can ask your steward for more. We always carry a bunch of dry cleaner wire hangers. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

On longer cruises, I leave about half my stuff in my suitcase under the bed.  I pull it out when I run out of clean clothes, put the clean clothes away on the shelves and hangers and throw the stuff I already wore back in the suitcase under the bed.   I also take this time to pack away any of the souvenirs or stuff I picked up along the way.

I have sailed on the escape in a balcony and a mini suite and had no problem finding storage for everything.  The dollar store cubes are great to keep small things together.  There are plenty of shelves but not a lot of drawers.

I cruised on The Escape for 14 days in November, and it was the smallest inside I have ever had 😞 There really is no drawer space, but packing cubes helped a lot. There are shelves in the closet, but they are pretty narrow. There is also a shelf by the fridge that my husband used for his binoculars, camera, hat, and other random things that we take in port. The shelf above the closet was also big, but for us, that was filled with board games and any souvenirs that we bought. I should mention that we are not light packers, but although this inside was the smallest ever, we got creative. We also hung a ton of stuff up and brought extra hangers for this (although perhaps I could have asked for more). I am always up before the husband, so before I went to bed, I would stash my clothes for the next day in the cupboard below the sink in the bathroom. That allowed me to get dressed while he slept without fumbling around for my clothes.