Seaside Question for Recent Cruisers

cruizinbabe

I have a large group of 70 cabins sailing on the Seaside in April.  I am the group leader and am trying to find answers for a few questions.  I have tried to scour old posts, but it seems as though things are always changing and I want to try to give my group the most current and accurate answers.

1- I read that there is soft serve at the family buffet on deck 16.  I understand this is not soft serve and that you have to ask the attendant to get it for you.  As I am looking at the new drink packages the non-alcoholic package lists soft serve as one of the things that is included.  I am wondering if this means that they have discontinued "free" soft serve from the family buffet?  Or, is it available in more locations with the beverage package, but just on 16 for everyone else?

2- In posts from mid-2018 I see reference to an unlimited zip line package for everyone in your stateroom.  In recent posts I am only seeing the "Fun Pass" where a zip line ride is $10, and you get some bonus money if you preload your card.  Do they not do and unlimited zip line card for a cabin anymore?

3- The only non-alcoholic drink package I am seeing is listed at $29 per day.  Is there such thing as a "soda/soft drink only" pass that is less than that- $10ish per day like is available on other lines?

Thanks for any help

17 minutes ago, cruizinbabe said:

I have a large group of 70 cabins sailing on the Seaside in April.  I am the group leader and am trying to find answers for a few questions.  I have tried to scour old posts, but it seems as though things are always changing and I want to try to give my group the most current and accurate answers.

1- I read that there is soft serve at the family buffet on deck 16.  I understand this is not soft serve and that you have to ask the attendant to get it for you.  As I am looking at the new drink packages the non-alcoholic package lists soft serve as one of the things that is included.  I am wondering if this means that they have discontinued "free" soft serve from the family buffet?  Or, is it available in more locations with the beverage package, but just on 16 for everyone else?

2- In posts from mid-2018 I see reference to an unlimited zip line package for everyone in your stateroom.  In recent posts I am only seeing the "Fun Pass" where a zip line ride is $10, and you get some bonus money if you preload your card.  Do they not do and unlimited zip line card for a cabin anymore?

3- The only non-alcoholic drink package I am seeing is listed at $29 per day.  Is there such thing as a "soda/soft drink only" pass that is less than that- $10ish per day like is available on other lines?

Thanks for any help

The best advice I can give you, as group leader for presumably approximately 140 people, is to get answers to such questions directly from MSC......in writing. That way you minimise the risk of getting 'egg on your face'!

39 minutes ago, hamrag said:

The best advice I can give you, as group leader for presumably approximately 140 people, is to get answers to such questions directly from MSC......in writing. That way you minimise the risk of getting 'egg on your face'!

The funny thing is, I have talked to MSC let's say 100 times over the last year while setting this up.  The answer is never consistent.  I just learned today about the drink package changes that went into effect on December 1st, so the "correct" information I had several months ago is now not accurate.  So frustrating!

18 minutes ago, cruizinbabe said:

The funny thing is, I have talked to MSC let's say 100 times over the last year while setting this up.  The answer is never consistent.  I just learned today about the drink package changes that went into effect on December 1st, so the "correct" information I had several months ago is now not accurate.  So frustrating!

I haven't been on since June 2018, so I can't respond to the ice cream question. I didn't otice it on deck 16 buffet as it just isn't my thing. Sorry.

I can offer to you to have everyone be aware of which PROMO they booked their cruise under. For example, if they signed om with their "Drinks On Us" everyone in their cabin is eligible to partake on the very limited beverages but will be paying the 15% gratuity for each drink (A soda might be about $.45 and a beer should be just under a $1.00) Keep in mind the selection for DOU is very limited. That package is no longer offered so is now obsolete. However anyone who received it in their booking is Grandfathered in. There was a time frame where they could have upgraded to a CLASSIC pkg which included many non-premium beverages as well as single scoop gelato and most of the specialty coffees/espressos. This was offered at $18pp/day and their DELUXE pkg was pretty impressive with most premium offerings as well as the full mini bar in cabin and all offerings at Venchi bar (excluding chocolates). I believe those packages are no longer offered for purchase, but if they are (for customers pre-booked prior to Nov. 2018) If it were me, I'd be calling ASAP to see if I could purchase at least their Classic package!

New PROMO is their unlimited EASY pkg which has a little more offerings than the former DOU pkg. And no 15% gratuity charge per drink offered. The upgrades under this new PROMO is their PREMIUM pkg which offers high shelf offerings at $27pp/day. Or PREMIUM PLUS for the real connoisseurs, These new packages do NOT offer any gelato at all.

Even though I am not of much help with your ice cream question, it is important to let your crew know that IF they formerly upgraded their DOU pkg to either CLASSIC or DELUXE, they will be eligible for gelato in those packages. Anyone else will have to pay for it as it is no longer on offer with the new ones. I'd be calling to get under those old packages if I were them. Goodluck.

Hi cruizinbabe

Pretty sure the zip line is either 10 bucks a go or 50 bucks per cabin unlimited per day or per cruise not sure someone on here will know better than me.

The soft serve ice cream is only available on deck 16 and only at limited times so not at night for example and yes someone serves you the ice cream.

The ice cream on the non alcoholic and kids package is soft ice cream and reading between the lines that sounds like MSCs literal translation for gelato as gelato is a form of soft ice cream (although technically not ice cream).

Lastly I don't know about any soda/soft drinks only package. If there is one then it's not listed online unless they sell a package on board? That actually wouldn't surprise me about msc as they sell a social media internet package on board but not online!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 10:24 PM, nyk24 said:

Pretty sure the zip line is either 10 bucks a go or 50 bucks per cabin unlimited per day or per cruise not sure someone on here will know better than me.

Thank you for your help.  I am most frustrated by the inability to find  a concrete answer.  I see many many people reference this per cabin zip line on these boards and elsewhere, but can't find it anywhere on MSC's official channels. $50 a cabin is going to be much more doable for a family of 4 then $10 per ride.