NCL Epic Rome departure,,,is a 10:45 flight safe?

ginaf

We will be sailing on the epic in July...departing boat on a Wednesday and will be flying home the same day.  There is a great flight leaving at 10:45 and I’m not sure if I should risk it or fly back at 2:50.  Just not sure what to do all those hours at the Airport...any suggestions what to do? 

Edited by ginaf

If you read around the board, you will see about 10:30 is the earliest recommended flight. You will need to hustle off, and have private transport arranged. It could be tight. The next problem is that airlines seem to always be moving these flights back- to an earlier time. To me, this is a little tight...11am is a better cut off.

By the way, its a ship.

• 3 weeks later...

So I booked by return flight from Rome to Newark NJ the day I depart the NCL Epic ....flight leaves at 10:50.  Any recommendations for private taxi/car to airport from pier at 7:00 am?  I’m definitely nervous about cutting it close but It was my only option.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

If you look down the board, you will find many recommended companies. Our favorite is the wonderful Rome in Limo, whom we have used 8 times.

Thank you...how soon did you set up reservation? I’m going in july...

I would be in  touch now. There have been some comments on other threads they are already booked for some days, but I think that is mostly full day tours. Sooner is far better than later.

2 minutes ago, ginaf said:

Thank you...how soon did you set up reservation? I’m going in july...

• 3 weeks later...

Me either, so excited!! I was thinking what if we just don’t board the ship after Naples and just head to Rome ourselves Tuesday night so we have plenty of time Wednesday morning. I’m sure we’ll have enough time though, plenty of people seemed to make it work. 

On 2/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, jlpparke said:

Me either, so excited!! I was thinking what if we just don’t board the ship after Naples and just head to Rome ourselves Tuesday night so we have plenty of time Wednesday morning. I’m sure we’ll have enough time though, plenty of people seemed to make it work. 

After your trip, please update how it went. I have booked the same cruise and flight out of Rome for the fall and would love to hear about your experience. 🙂