Portable oxygen concentrator

palakika

Yes, DH is a 24x7 oxygen user.  We take our Inogen G2 and Inogen G3 (long story, we had a breakage 4 years ago, and no place to obtain a replacement while on the cruise).    Have your TA call in to the special needs dept, to inform O that you will be using O2 in your suite/cabin.   No problems at all.   They just want to know that you are using oxygen, they don’t care which brand or type.   You can even bring on a full size unit, just not O2 bottles, or liquid oxygen.   

• Like 1

Cruiseforme..Thanks for the reassuring info.  DH recently diagnosed with lung issues.  Not on oxygen yet, but looking ahead so we don't have to stop cruising.  We've been looking at Inogen products.  I know we'd want to have it for airplane travel.  Have you made a long air flight?

Yes, we bought direct from Inogen, bought 3 extended batteries, along with their lifetime warranty, and have never looked back.    Freedom it is!   Being dependent on O2 doesn’t mean you can’t travel.  Have not traveled To Europe  since the O2 need, it is a bit trickier, but in any case, all the airlines in the US simply require a special need form filled out by your Dr, and faxed to them (check on their webpage under special needs).   They will call, and acknowledge the usage.   From Florida to LA we need to change batteries twice (for his lpm usage).   We stay overnight in LA for any flight to Hawaii or Pacific Islands, so we can charge the batteries.   Your mileage may vary on the battery need, depending on the lpm.   

For international flights, you will need to check with their webpages for their requirements.   

Edited by Cruseforme

Palakika--sorry to hear about your Dave's lung issues---perhaps he could stay on a nice tropical beach somewhere for....oh, say.....6 mos!    Don't know if the lung issues would be any better, but after 6 mos on the beach you both  would be so relaxed!!!!

Cbb...Thanks for your kind thoughts.  We have a big Dr appt Tues to get more info.  Yes, It's always better at the beach...especially for an island girl.  Dave loves the beach too.

Really interesting posts about magnets.  Hope O adds strips for better usage. 

Palakika

19 minutes ago, palakika said:

Thanks for the info Go-bucks.  Your magnets sound great. Hadn't even thought of this idea until cbb posted about it on ATW 16..  I think organization is the key on such a long trip!

I'm finding it a bit overwhelming to take everything I need for 6 months of living in just 4 suitcases.  And then have to find room for all of it in just half of a 300+ sq ft cabin!  I don't plan to hang things everywhere (like in those recent pictures), but some well-placed-but-out-of-the-way hooks or magnetic clips will likely help keep the cabin looking uncluttered.

i'm moving away from the magnets that i used ATW16 and have decided to buy a couple of magazine holders, put different colored pocket folders in them and put my paper stuff (invitations, shorex tickets, etc) in the folders, organizing them by color and then storing the whole lot in the holders. 

decided i was spending too much time thinking of magnets!!!  I, too, am a planner & researcher!

Ha, ha..oh those magnets!  Actually I liked Go-Bucks idea about the magazine holders and yours about the color coded folders.  To my way of thinking, it will keep things tidy.  Beautiful sail way this evening for the ATW19 gang.