Edge Sky Suites with Water Drainage Issues

johhnnyt

Anyone have first hand information regarding SS on Edge that have problems with water accumulating outside of shower/tub? Was looking for cabin #'s specifically that had the problem. Would like to send a list to Celebrity, but only have heard specifically of cabin 11269, but wondering if their are other Sky Suite cabins that had same issue. Would appreciate any direct observations you had. Thanks

10147 did in November, but when we moved the long white soap dish to the other side, it didn't seem to be a problem. There was a partial water shield that had been recently installed to prevent the water running along the side and onto the floor. When we showed the butler all the water on the floor, he said it looked like it just diverted it to the other side. We were going through 2-3 towels for every shower. As I said, the soap dish was moved to the other side and and the water seemed to take the right path and drain properly after that. It didn't have anything to do with how the shower was aimed - you could see the water run along the wall on top of the side of the tub.

We loved the suite otherwise so switched to that one for a week from today - I will report back on the water issue then.

11 hours ago, vtcruising said:

10147 did in November, but when we moved the long white soap dish to the other side, it didn't seem to be a problem. There was a partial water shield that had been recently installed to prevent the water running along the side and onto the floor. When we showed the butler all the water on the floor, he said it looked like it just diverted it to the other side. We were going through 2-3 towels for every shower. As I said, the soap dish was moved to the other side and and the water seemed to take the right path and drain properly after that. It didn't have anything to do with how the shower was aimed - you could see the water run along the wall on top of the side of the tub.

We loved the suite otherwise so switched to that one for a week from today - I will report back on the water issue then.

Please do as would like to keep track and see if its more than 1 or 2 cabins involved

We just got off yesterday (1/13). We had a Sky Suite S3 cabin 9204. Our tub/shower would leak onto floor as well. When you showered the water that bounced off you and onto the edge of the tub would ride along the wall and down the side of the tub. In the Captain's Q & A session a women also spoke of a similar problem on another type room. The captain was well aware of it and said the fixes are being worked out. Not just for future ships but back fixing the Edge.

35 minutes ago, Ox Fan Cruiser said:

We just got off yesterday (1/13). We had a Sky Suite S3 cabin 9204. Our tub/shower would leak onto floor as well. When you showered the water that bounced off you and onto the edge of the tub would ride along the wall and down the side of the tub. In the Captain's Q & A session a women also spoke of a similar problem on another type room. The captain was well aware of it and said the fixes are being worked out. Not just for future ships but back fixing the Edge.

That sounds similar to our issue. It would run along the wall and down the front side of the tub. It was a significant amount of water and will ruin those floors and maybe the ceilings below, if it continues. We had them bring tons of towels the second day and put them down before the shower so we wouldn't slip. We assumed at the time that it was that the tub wasn't level so tipped in that direction.

It was funny because we were in an aft S1 a few days later and the first afternoon water started to leak from the ceiling near the bathroom. I assumed it was the a leaky S1 tub above us (I opened the tom-tom and put it under the leak). It ended up being that the air conditioner condensation drain was plugged and they had it fixed within 1-2 hrs.

I think they will need to enclose those tubs. I did really like the tub/shower - it was nice to have lots of room and less of a step up to get in. I'll see if there is an issue in 10147 soon. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

52 minutes ago, hcat said:

Have there been any issues in AQ class?

I assume those are enclosed showers...

I have only heard good things about the IV showers (nice size and they are enclosed) and the wonderful AQ shower heads (ceiling) and handheld spray as well.🙂

image.thumb.png.3c115791a3cfdf6a753c3b2d88227bbd.png

.sorry I got off the topic of Sky suites and leaks but I wanted to make sure AQ IV is okay,

VT Thanks for the photo

Oh yeah.,,that's for us!   The AQ showers  on S class have always been great..no leaks! The retrofitted ones on M Class.,,that's snother story!

I think the IV AQ  bathroom is going to feel very upscale and clean!

Do you know if they have any plush mats or  just the towel mat? 

Edited by hcat

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

.sorry I got off the topic of Sky suites and leaks but I wanted to make sure AQ IV is okay,

VT Thanks for the photo

Oh yeah.,,that's for us!   The AQ showers  on S class have always been great..no leaks! The retrofitted ones on M Class.,,that's snother story!

I think the IV AQ  bathroom is going to feel very upscale and clean!

Do you know if they have any plush mats or  just the towel mat? 

Not sure about the mat, but I would guess it would be the typical one. I think that's what the sky suites had.