Sunshine - New cakes on Lido?

GeorgiaMomof4

I've read with interest about the new cakes being offered on some of the ships.  I've never been a real fan of the 

desserts on Lido (except for the key lime pie) and I'm wondering if the Sunshine has the new cakes on the buffet yet?

We sail mid February and I'm really hoping they will be available by that time.

Anyone know?

On 1/14/2019 at 12:04 AM, GeorgiaMomof4 said:

I've read with interest about the new cakes being offered on some of the ships.  I've never been a real fan of the 

desserts on Lido (except for the key lime pie) and I'm wondering if the Sunshine has the new cakes on the buffet yet?

We sail mid February and I'm really hoping they will be available by that time.

Anyone know?

Don't know about the cakes, but am on the Feb 15 cruise as well. And I am a cake fiend. Will be disappointed if they're the usual, old Styrofoam.

2 hours ago, goofycruiser said:

We are on the Sunshine right now.  No cakes at lunch. I saw them on the Magic in October but none on the Sunshine.  Desserts were kind of Blah!

Oh no!  I'm so hoping they have them by mid February.  I wonder why some ships have them and some don't?

You would think it would be fleet wide by now.

10 minutes ago, CJDepew said:

Don't know about the cakes, but am on the Feb 15 cruise as well. And I am a cake fiend. Will be disappointed if they're the usual, old Styrofoam.

Yes me too!  I had rather them not be so pretty and have flavor lol!

54 minutes ago, Gin505 said:

Had them on the Paradise were delish.  Sailing the Sunshine in March I hope they have them the rainbow cheese cake was wonderful

OMG that was the BEST one!! Sadly they only had it the 1st day! I had cake everyday that trip lol!!!

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2019 at 8:19 AM, supercanadian said:

As per John Heald's FB page, cakes will be coming to the Sunshine starting Feb 15th!

Yes I saw that and it's wonderful because that's the day we sail!

I had asked him over the weekend and he did a live talk Monday morning and told

when the other ships would be getting the new desserts.  I'm sooo excited - I hope they are as good

as everyone says!  

• 3 weeks later...

we had them in november and it was a huge improvement to the old lido desserts!  here's another thread with some photos.  they're huge and they all taste like the name indicates.  i.e. peanutbutter chocolate cake tastes like peanutbutter and chocolate.  the old desserts were like unflavored sponge with straight up cream cheese on top, regardless of what color the cream cheese was tinted.  click on the "Quilcruisers replied to a topic" link below to see the photos.

Edited by maggiepie11
  • Like 1