DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay thoughts

Lily2006

Hi

We are Hilton members. Is this the best hotel to stay in for a Miami Navagator of the seas trip in April? We would have to take a super shuttle over. Do you know if hotel has shuttle service to port? Some people mention the Hampton inn but the price right now is the same. What are your thoughts

thank you

Nice hotel, area can be a little quite and seem "out of the way" at night compared to the Hampton Inn Brickell. They likely don't offer a shuttle. Some rooms have great views of the bay and port. It is a larger complex than the Hampton Inn but not as good of a location. Though you are still very close to many places to eat/drink/shop if you want. Easy Uber/Lyft ride or Metromover ride to places like Brickell and Bayside. Can even walk, though walking at night could be iffy. Not dangerous, just need to deal with homeless people begging for money. 

It is very close to the Port but between this and the Hampton there won't be much difference in the time it takes to get to the port, and I prefer the location of the Hampton Inn more. 

How many people are you and are you flying into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? 

I've stayed there for buisiness, not cruising.  No shuttle that I know of, but call to check.  Pool is great and port view rooms are a nice way to start your vacation.  Uber from MIA  will be about $20, or from ALL about $35+. Avoid shuttles unless you have a big group traveling together.

We stayed 2 nights last Feb. It was a nice hotel, our room was very big, bed was comfortable, & had a nice view of the bay. There are a couple of restaurants within the hotel, it's also attached to a mini mall with several restaurants & small stores. Hotel pool is Huge!

Hotel is also close to the metro mover which we used many times. You are in walking distance to a grocery store Publix & a couple of fast food restaurants.

We used lyft to get us over to the port.

I called yesterday and the clerk told me they are now offering a shuttle to the POM. She said the cost was $7.50 pp and you can request it when you check in. We may still use Uber or Lyft since the shuttle doesn't start running until after 10:00 and she said it has been getting booked up quickly.

41 minutes ago, Mickey_Maniac said:

I called yesterday and the clerk told me they are now offering a shuttle to the POM. She said the cost was $7.50 pp and you can request it when you check in. We may still use Uber or Lyft since the shuttle doesn't start running until after 10:00 and she said it has been getting booked up quickly.

So $15 for two passengers to ride the shuttle compared to about $10 or less for an Uber - let me think on that one.  Easy decision! :classic_wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm a little late responding (not sure if you've already booked) but I just came up on your thread. In 2017 I stayed here 1 night-pre cruise and I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We had a bay view room and we enjoyed the balcony SO much! It was clean and the marble flooring was a great addition. We walked to Publix a couple of times and also did JetBoat Miami which just so happened to be right infront of the hotel! (Facing the bay)

Anyways, I booked it again for my cruise this October. I just wish the price would decrease. $270 (for me) is a bit much for 1 night but I enjoyed it so much I don't want to stay anywhere else. LOL! I guess you can say I'm a bit spoiled by it. Either way, enjoy your trip.