PLATINUM QUESTIONS

Cruisegirl6

I am platinum my other half short one cruise and my father in law the same as he is coming along with my daughter and her boyfriend, question, I do have the cheers package, but if I wanted to go inside and grab a drink (so it doesn't count towards my 15 not that I ever get to 15) and walk out with it, would I be allowed?  Where is this party on the Elation the main lounge?

Been Carnival for a few cruises now and quite frankly the only 2 benefits that I think most people actually get and notice is

1. Priority boarding

2. Free laundry

We don’t go to the Platinum party anymore as it’s usually scheduled when we’re still enjoying the pool.  Also the party has become kinda lame

Other than that, you’re treated the same as all the others

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth

On 1/17/2019 at 5:50 PM, cruisinpips said:

On our recent NYE Breeze cruise, we all had Platinum invites, although my wife and daughter chose not to attend. Not one person asked to see my invite or my card as I entered the lounge. Enjoyed unlimited beverages and appetizers. Waiters walking around with pre made drinks, or you could go to the bar and get anything you wanted. Keep in mind, only Platinum and Diamond guests get the invites, so I guess they think if you are there, you must have been invited. Never have understood that. I think the invites say to bring them with you, but in many cruises I have never had anyone check for it. 

I have been to some where they collect each invite as they shake your hand entering and others where it is just a nod as you walk by. You just never know. :classic_rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Been Carnival for a few cruises now and quite frankly the only 2 benefits that I think most people actually get and notice is

1. Priority boarding

2. Free laundry

We don’t go to the Platinum party anymore as it’s usually scheduled when we’re still enjoying the pool.  Also the party has become kinda lame

Other than that, you’re treated the same as all the others

Do they still put the free 2 liter bottles of water in the room. If not I will need to pre order a 12 pack of water. In the past because my wife and I are Platinum, there was always 2 free 2 liter bottles of water placed in the room.

2 hours ago, berniez said:

Do they still put the free 2 liter bottles of water in the room. If not I will need to pre order a 12 pack of water. In the past because my wife and I are Platinum, there was always 2 free 2 liter bottles of water placed in the room.

I don't know of it ever being a two-liter bottle, but a 1-liter bottle is still included for each VIFP member of Red and above.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:37 AM, Bookbug53 said:

I have been to some where they collect each invite as they shake your hand entering and others where it is just a nod as you walk by. You just never know. :classic_rolleyes:

This has also been our experience.:classic_cool:

We have also been to Plat/Dia parties which were crashed by a LOT of other cruisers who heard about the party from their friends/family etc.   Some were on their 1st cruise!:classic_blink:

Now we go for a few minutes, grab a cheap drink, and leave.    The apps are not the same anymore.....  frozen/reheated thingies now!!

CCL should check the invites, but of course, they don't want to stir up any issues at the door???

39 minutes ago, jwjax said:

This has also been our experience.:classic_cool:

We have also been to Plat/Dia parties which were crashed by a LOT of other cruisers who heard about the party from their friends/family etc.   Some were on their 1st cruise!:classic_blink:

Now we go for a few minutes, grab a cheap drink, and leave.    The apps are not the same anymore.....  frozen/reheated thingies now!!

CCL should check the invites, but of course, they don't want to stir up any issues at the door???

They have checked invites/S&S cards on recent D&P parties I have attended. I think this is becoming a more common practice due to the increasing number of D&Ps. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if at some point in the future Platinums are no longer invited to this party, similar to the way Golds were excluded in the past. 

On 1/19/2019 at 9:33 AM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

1. Priority boarding

2. Free laundry

The free laundry benefit is of limited use since everything is washed together in hot water. 

16 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

They have checked invites/S&S cards on recent D&P parties I have attended. I think this is becoming a more common practice due to the increasing number of D&Ps. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if at some point in the future Platinums are no longer invited to this party, similar to the way Golds were excluded in the past. 

Hmmm....    Diamonds already have an "exclusive party!"     So you think they need 2?  

I think they might consider excluding "Diamonds" from the "Platinum" party to control the number of attendees!

Edited by jwjax

2 minutes ago, jwjax said:

Hmmm....    Diamonds already have an "exclusive party!"     So you think they need 2?  

I think they might consider excluding "Diamonds" from the "Platinum" party to control the number of attendees!

The Diamond special event on each cruise could easily be combined with a Diamond only party as one event/party. I don’t think Carnival is going to make a change tomorrow, but at some point they are going to have to address the issue as the number of Platinums keeps increasing. 

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The Diamond special event on each cruise could easily be combined with a Diamond only party as one event/party. I don’t think Carnival is going to make a change tomorrow, but at some point they are going to have to address the issue as the number of Platinum's keeps increasing. 

Platinum's have a lot of cruises under their belt....    Yes, there are more and more... It's be a while since these designations were created.   Unless they create more levels,  there will always be more Platinum's, than any other class.

Why have a mixed event,  since the Plats, can not attend the Diamond events???   :classic_rolleyes::classic_cool:

IMHO,  they should have an "exclusive Platinum Event"   like the Diamonds have!    It will reduce the number of attendees, and probably be a big hit!