How many things can I plan on a private tour?

canyonblue737

I'm likely to use Rony's or Bodden's (recommendation which?) private tour for my family of 4 in April. I know for sure we want to do zip lines & the monkey/sloth zoo but the websites and a check of other posts here on cruise critic make it unclear just how long this takes and how much time would be left for other activities. I'd like to plan out my day in advance so I can choose different experiences at other ports of call so I'd love to hear what you all choose for your "private tour" days on Roatan (to which we have never sailed before.) We are happy to leave the ship shortly after docking but we won't cut returning to the boat close, at least 1.5 hours before.

We will be on RCCL Symphony in late April. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, canyonblue737 said:

I'm likely to use Rony's or Bodden's (recommendation which?) private tour for my family of 4 in April. I know for sure we want to do zip lines & the monkey/sloth zoo but the websites and a check of other posts here on cruise critic make it unclear just how long this takes and how much time would be left for other activities. I'd like to plan out my day in advance so I can choose different experiences at other ports of call so I'd love to hear what you all choose for your "private tour" days on Roatan (to which we have never sailed before.) We are happy to leave the ship shortly after docking but we won't cut returning to the boat close, at least 1.5 hours before.

We will be on RCCL Symphony in late April. Thanks!

I would guess the amount of time needed for both the sloths and zipline will depend on how many other people choose those activities at the same time. 

The private drivers do this for a living and I would bet dollars to donuts they can give you average time needed. They understand time is important and my guess is they'd be more than happy to help you plan your day. 

The private companies will indeed be happy to help you plan, just be aware that road conditions can be crowded with big ships in port, lots of folks going to choose the same things you are (sloths especially) so I'd narrow it down to 2-3 things.  Late April is still pretty much high season as well so more tourists staying on the island than mid winter or mid summer.

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2019 at 6:20 PM, Host Carolyn said:

The private companies will indeed be happy to help you plan, just be aware that road conditions can be crowded with big ships in port, lots of folks going to choose the same things you are (sloths especially) so I'd narrow it down to 2-3 things.  Late April is still pretty much high season as well so more tourists staying on the island than mid winter or mid summer.

last time we were there, we toured with Victor Bodden.  We went around the east side of the island, went to the "lookout" point for souvenirs/pictures, went to Monkey/Sloth, went to Bananarama (snorkeled/drank/snack), went to the Cameo factory, and stopped off for late lunch at some local place that served iguana/fish.  and still got back to the boat on time

• Like 1