FISH FRYE

Cruisegirl6

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, lecach said:

What is the best way to get there from the ship? Taxi?

We take the #10 bus.  You can pick it up at the corner of Bay Street and George Street, a short walk from the port.  It's only $1.25 a person.  Taxis are fine too.  There are always plenty of taxis around to take you there and back.

14 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

It’s walkable if you’re in reasonably good shape, AND it’s not too hot out.

20-30 minutes is often quoted. Otherwise, for 2 people, the bus is best.

With 4, taxi is best option, both in cost and comfort.

I measured it once with Google Maps and it was something like a mile and a half.  We've walked it a couple of times and it's not bad when the weather is cool.  I wouldn't do it on a hot day! :classic_smile:

We were there last week and Twin Brothers was closed, but I don't know if that's permanent or not.  We ate at Curly's and also at Deep Creek, both were good.  Wasn't on a cruise this time, but we enjoyed sitting at Gone Fishin BBQ on the nearby beach watching the ships leave!  Nice patio there to sit, and there's a sweet little beach there too. 

We went last week. Rode the bus. Good thing I was paying attention and looking around because they don't make any announcements and I had to ask if this was the Fish Frye stop. We ate at Curlys - we were there so early it was the first one we saw that was open. It was very good and the conch fritters were the best I have had. I wouldn't have been super comfortable going there by myself though and definitely not after dark. 

On 2/7/2019 at 10:29 PM, hazelgreen said:

We were there last week and Twin Brothers was closed, but I don't know if that's permanent or not.  We ate at Curly's and also at Deep Creek, both were good.  Wasn't on a cruise this time, but we enjoyed sitting at Gone Fishin BBQ on the nearby beach watching the ships leave!  Nice patio there to sit, and there's a sweet little beach there too. 

Twin brothers is still closed. Cabbie said there is an internal family struggle over control after one brother had medical issues.

• 3 months later...