is cigar dude still around.

don24

i have a question that may be answered by cigar dude or any others who can help. I'm going to Nassau and checked the la casa del habano site to see if they opened a location, they haven't.  they do show a place call 700 wine and spirits as a associate location but I cant find anything more. does any one know with out any reservations that they sell authentic Cuban cigars. I tend to lean towards no but with there name on habanos site my hopes are a little elevated.i hope another  BOTL can help.

On 1/15/2019 at 4:17 PM, don24 said:

i have a question that may be answered by cigar dude or any others who can help. I'm going to Nassau and checked the la casa del habano site to see if they opened a location, they haven't.  they do show a place call 700 wine and spirits as a associate location but I cant find anything more. does any one know with out any reservations that they sell authentic Cuban cigars. I tend to lean towards no but with there name on habanos site my hopes are a little elevated.i hope another  BOTL can help.

There are no legitimate places to buy Cuban cigars in Nassau. I have "heard" that they have some in Atlantis but if they do they will be crazy expensive. You can go up to Graycliff Hotel and visit the cigar factory there. Again, they are expensive too. If Nassau is the only island you're going to on this trip forget about Cubans and take your own sticks.

Several islands have an LCDH. If you are going to others let me know, or do a quick check online. ONLY go to LCDH's when you're in the Caribbean to ensure you're getting the real deal!

Edited by Cigar Dude
Additional info.

When we were in Nassau a few years ago, we were going to take the taxi to Atlantis to check out their humidor, and our taxi driver had a box of Cubans with the stamp/seal that he sold us at a decent price. Now I know that we had no way to verify that they were legit, but our cigar lovers enjoyed them nonetheless, and it saved us the cab ride and high prices of Atlantis.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:45 PM, Cigar Dude said:

There are no legitimate places to buy Cuban cigars in Nassau. I have "heard" that they have some in Atlantis but if they do they will be crazy expensive. You can go up to Graycliff Hotel and visit the cigar factory there. Again, they are expensive too. If Nassau is the only island you're going to on this trip forget about Cubans and take your own sticks.

Several islands have an LCDH. If you are going to others let me know, or do a quick check online. ONLY go to LCDH's when you're in the Caribbean to ensure you're getting the real deal!

first off thanks for the reply, your opinion is gospel  . I was fully convinced that there's no Cubans in Nassau . it was seeing the 700 wine on the LCDH site that mixed me all up.