Steakhouse - on the Freedom

SDJen

Just wondering if you can ever get a walk up reservation for this restaurant? Or wait to book on the ship? I am just not sure if we will want to go or not. May depend on the dining room menu on a specific night. TIA 

not sure what the Freedom has to do with your question, but we have walked into the Steakhouse without reservations after not being impressed with the MDR menu. They asked us to wait in the bar, 5 minutes we were seated. The restaurant was a little more than 1/2 full.

We Ate in the Steakhouse on Freedom in mid December on the first night and counted six people having dinner. I agree with Art of the Table being an interesting dessert. I couldn’t understand much of what the chef was saying as he created this  dessert , but it was an awesome presentation. Lol I felt obligated to eat the whole thing after he worked so hard. But to your question, I’m sure you could easily be seated within a reasonable time. 

Whether or not you make reservations, you should try to eat at Sun King (Freedom's Steakhouse) at least once. My wife and I ate there the last time we were on Freedom, and the food is amazing! Agree with others that it's hardly ever more than 1/2 full. It's also well worth the price. 

• 2 months later...

My husband I ate at the Steakhouse on our last cruise.  It was on the Magic.  We had reservations I had made a few months before we cruised.  My husband really enjoyed eating there so we tried to eat there on two more different nights and they were booked.  They do serve some  of their main dishes in the dining rooms that you can order for an extra charge.

We have never seen it booked, always open tables. We book the first night on every cruise. We always go one other night when we don't like the MDR menu. We have walked in without reservations on at least 6 cruises and we have never been turned away. 

I always dine there are least twice during a cruise. Magnificent selections and extraordinary service. Love it. This restaurant always seemed to be about half empty when I've been there. If I could swing it, I'd dine here every night.

The only time we experienced a full house was a few times on Valentines Day (a couple of these on the Freedom) and a Mother's Day. One night on the Breeze (non holiday) it appeared to be pretty packed, but I think that the Breeze steakhouse may seat less than others ?