Stirrup Cay Haven Area

dsarge390

40 minutes ago, Because_I_Said said:

The Oceanview Villa is available to book and we are not in a suite or Haven. The price is significantly different though and way out of my comfort zone.

GSC.jpg

It's a glitch (surprise, surprise lol). I know of another who saw it in their planner, booked, and then it was cancelled & refunded and when they called they were told it was because they were for suite & Haven only. 

I was at GSC Memorial Day weekend.......Haven area not open.  Was told the whole lagoon Idea didn't work and that NCL is considering changing it to a pool area.  Tried to book a Villa and they were sold out before we got to the Pier as they were not available online at that time.  Tried to book a massage on the island reading that you would have access to that area and was told by our concierge that the policy had changed and by booking a massage you did not have access to beach area.  Very disappointed.....you look at the speed that Coco cay was done....and it looks great from GSC!!!!

On 6/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, Donoilman said:

I was at GSC Memorial Day weekend.......Haven area not open.  Was told the whole lagoon Idea didn't work and that NCL is considering changing it to a pool area.  Tried to book a Villa and they were sold out before we got to the Pier as they were not available online at that time.  Tried to book a massage on the island reading that you would have access to that area and was told by our concierge that the policy had changed and by booking a massage you did not have access to beach area.  Very disappointed.....you look at the speed that Coco cay was done....and it looks great from GSC!!!!

Looks like conflicting info...the staff we spoke to on-site said absolutely if you book a spa massage IN THE VILLA you can get access to the beach. There is a separate spa area on the non-Haven  area - maybe that's what they meant. 

Amy

On 6/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, Donoilman said:

Looks like conflicting info...the staff we spoke to on-site said absolutely if you book a spa massage IN THE VILLA you can get access to the beach. There is a separate spa area on the non-Haven  area - maybe that's what they meant. 

Amy

Oh. My. Word. 

What an amazing day yesterday in GSC Villa 27...@wendy&grumpy you did not steer us wrong. 

Haven't the faintest idea how to download photos and videos without internet on my phone, so I will write a review and (hopefully) include videos, photos and a really cool update on the entire island and post when we get home Sunday night / Monday night.

I was lucky enough to bump into one of the island managers on my way out of my massage (and wow...what an amazing setting for the spa) who gave me the 6 month, 12 and 18 month plans - including the pier construction to avoid any further tender issues. 

All I can say is if you can book a villa....BOOK IT!!!!

Amy

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 3:11 PM, amygutman said:

Oh. My. Word. 

What an amazing day yesterday in GSC Villa 27...@wendy&grumpy you did not steer us wrong. 

Haven't the faintest idea how to download photos and videos without internet on my phone, so I will write a review and (hopefully) include videos, photos and a really cool update on the entire island and post when we get home Sunday night / Monday night.

I was lucky enough to bump into one of the island managers on my way out of my massage (and wow...what an amazing setting for the spa) who gave me the 6 month, 12 and 18 month plans - including the pier construction to avoid any further tender issues. 

All I can say is if you can book a villa....BOOK IT!!!!

Amy

We are getting a villa on our cruise in 13 days,,,, can’t wait

18 hours ago, Harratine said:

We are getting a villa on our cruise in 13 days,,,, can’t wait

That is awesome - I cannot wait to go back next April when we are on the Bliss. 

I was able to post videos from the Villa on YouTube and also in my Dawn review on these Boards. It's my first video ever, but I hope you find it gives you something happy to think about for the next 13 days!!

Happy Travels, Amy

Just got back....we had Villa 28...so when you get off the ship you check in at the Villa check in area and then they shuttle you to the Villa area.  It was very nice...Villa is well air conditioned with a TV and free on demand movies for those who do not want to sun.  a FULL bathroom, and fridge stocked with water.  The beach area is directly in front of you with chairs, umbrellas and floating mats for use.  Continuous bar service and private buffet area.  The buffet food seemed to be the same they served in the main buffet area.  It was well worth the money to us, as we were a group of 6.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 10:18 AM, bobsfamily said:

Just booked a villa for labor Day weekend! Does anyone have map/list of where the villas are? Can you choose prior to getting to GSC.  We are in a suite, it was under $400.

Villa tickets come with the villa assigned.  Not sure if you can pick.  Villas start at 24 and go to 39.  39 is closest to food/bar.  24 furthest away.  All are really good location, so quiet you can hear birds all day.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:46 PM, amygutman said:

Congrats!

You will LOVE the experience ... and that price...wow!

Amy

Just looked to see if the villa's were all booked (not) and noticed small and large cabanas were available.... at $425(small) and $475(large). They have no A/C, bathroom or even a "privacy area", just open to whoever walks by. The villas are still at $349, maybe it's because I am in a suite and only suites can see the villas? I sure as heck would rather have A/C and a lockable villa!

So looking forward to it now, 40 days to go!

On 7/20/2019 at 7:00 PM, bobsfamily said:

Just looked to see if the villa's were all booked (not) and noticed small and large cabanas were available.... at $425(small) and $475(large). They have no A/C, bathroom or even a "privacy area", just open to whoever walks by. The villas are still at $349, maybe it's because I am in a suite and only suites can see the villas? I sure as heck would rather have A/C and a lockable villa!

So looking forward to it now, 40 days to go!

I have to tell you...when we last stayed in the large cabana, we were 110% convinced NOTHING could beat that experience.

Well...the Haven villa area was definitely a "hold my beer and watch this" experience. 

Don't get me wrong - the large cabanas are outstanding, but I have a feeling, will have a price drop when you compare what is available in the Haven / Suite area vs the GSC area with cabanas just due to the difference in amenities. 

40 days will pass in an instant - you are going to have a glorious time...and just think...soon there will be an actual pier and no more missed island days due to tender issues!!!

Amy

On 7/25/2019 at 7:55 PM, amygutman said:

I have to tell you...when we last stayed in the large cabana, we were 110% convinced NOTHING could beat that experience.

Well...the Haven villa area was definitely a "hold my beer and watch this" experience. 

Don't get me wrong - the large cabanas are outstanding, but I have a feeling, will have a price drop when you compare what is available in the Haven / Suite area vs the GSC area with cabanas just due to the difference in amenities. 

40 days will pass in an instant - you are going to have a glorious time...and just think...soon there will be an actual pier and no more missed island days due to tender issues!!!

Amy

Thanks! We are so ready for it to get here....

It's available for my cruise in February.  Wondering if I should book it.  Right now its just two of us so $699 seems steep.  I don't see any cabanas listed for my dates so I'm guessing they are sold out. Decisions, Decisions!