Crown Princess Review, 10nt S. Carib

imapost2003

13 hours ago, imapost2003 said:

I did notice the lotus spa pool.  We did appreciate the stairs and hot tubs.  We found the couple times we visited, it was either too windy or too shady for our liking.  Terrace pool fit the bill each time, other then watching movies.  It appeared to be at a lower water level the duration of the cruise.  This did allow alot of vertically challenged people use of the pool including my wife.

I read a post elsewhere that talked about the rooms on either side of the Terrace Pool getting flooded last year sometime when water sloshed out of pool.  It ran down the steps and into the hallway and the two cabins on each side.  Maybe keeping the water lower helped that issue.  I had looked at booking one of those porthole cabins to be close to that pool but ended up in an obstructed ocean view cabin on deck 8 that has absolutely no obstruction. My lucky day but know we'll have to deal with late night noise from the club but I take earplugs just in case on all cruises.  You're review is great and planning to refer our Oct 28, 2019 southern caribbean roll call to your review.  We have Aruba instead of Curacao and Princess Cays instead of Grand Turk.  Just hoping repairs from fire are completed on Princess Cays before we are scheduled to be there.

On 2/1/2019 at 2:22 AM, cganesh said:

What time were the stage shows?  We got 7:15 also so hoping show schedules make sense.

There were always 2 showings.  Sometimes 5 and 7, sometimes 7 and 9.  Either way it was always possible to go to the show.  Dinner service lasted approx 1hr 15min.

• 3 months later...

On Aruba, we are also renting from Arubiana.  Out of the stops that you made, would you skip something that you saw?  What about the beach(s)?  Was it easy to know how much time you could stay somewhere before moving on to the next place?  Do you need bungee cords to strap down back pack on the back of the buggy?

Thank you!

• 5 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 12:03 PM, catwoman6226 said:

We are doing this itinerary on the Crown next year, so I'm following along with great interest! Thank you for the review.

We are on this ship later this month and appreciate your thorough review!   We have a mini-suite also, so we liked seeing the pictures in advance. Thanks!