Need Ride to Carnival's Port for group of 8

onebzemom

We are  a group of 8 trying to get to Carnival's port in Long Beach.  We are staying at Embassy Suites South  (1440 E Imperial Ave, El Segundo,) the night before.  Super Shuttle does not have anything available for us from hotel.  We would have to go back to the Airport to catch them. Going back to airport is not an option. Too much for my elderly parents to deal with.   Uber is available from hotel, but I'm a bit nervous using them since our last trip.  (The price they quoted doubled by the time we got to Orlando Airport from toll charges and wait times and mileage.  That has never happened before with the many times we have used Uber.)  Hotel has a Limo Service available but it's $200.00.  To much money for me. 

Does anybody know how much the final cost for Uber would be from Airport? The difference between hotel and airport is only about $5 or $6 less from hotel.

Does anybody have any history on using Road Runner or Prime Time?

Thanks in advance.

This is not a negative against you, but why book rooms in El Segundo? Even a full sized van can't get eight people and all the luggage in one trip. Mini bus/shuttle needed, Uber/Lyft not an option. Bite the bullet for the $200 or re-book to one of the hotels in Long Beach on Ocean Bl.

Negativity not taken. Fair question. No matter where we stay, all 8 of us would have to make our way to Long Beach. We have cruised out of Long Beach before and used Carnival’s Buses. Too much of a hassle to get in the buses for Dad and the waiting was terrible. He doesn’t like the crowds. My Dad is paying for this whole trip. He wanted Embassy Suites and this was the closest one I could find. We are all coming in from different places and at different times. He likes Embassy Suites for the ambience as we sit and wait for everyone to show up. 

I’m the practical one and trying to find the best transportation shuttle. Some of the options I’ve never heard of, so I was looking for recommendations from people who had used them. 

I know that you mention a negative experience with Uber, but go on their app and price out the ride in advance. You can enter origin and destination and see live pricing without committing to the ride. Keep in mind that pricing can be higher at peak hours so check prices around the time you’d expect to go to the port.

We used Uber for our last few cruises in the US. On our last cruise out of Miami, there were 14 family members. 3 of us summoned Ubers separately using our apps and all 3 cars showed up within minutes of each other. Very easy, specially traveling with my elderly 80 year old parents. And it was very cost effective. Cheaper than any other option. 

Thanks for the response.  Uber was our original plan.  And since I've used Uber a lot I felt pretty good about it. But after the trip from Walt Disney World last week I'm a bit nervous.  We decided to use Uber instead of Disney's free transportation.  We got a quote and requested driver.  Price doubled when we got to the Airport.  So I was curious who has used Uber from LAX to Port/Long Beach and what they paid.

I’ve used Prime Time several times in the Los Angeles area. Last time they picked us up at our hotel near Long Beach airport and took us to San Pedro. You can reserve on their website but probably best to call them with your situation.