Wondering About Oriana

cbjroms

We have been on most of the fleet except Oriana. Conscious that she is leaving the fleet this year we are wondering about booking  one of her cruises. Can anyone who knows this ship advise whether her condition is still representative of the old Oriana, or has she been allowed to deteriorate? Given all the good we have heard about her over the years, are we likely to be disappointed?

22 minutes ago, cbjroms said:

We have been on most of the fleet except Oriana. Conscious that she is leaving the fleet this year we are wondering about booking  one of her cruises. Can anyone who knows this ship advise whether her condition is still representative of the old Oriana, or has she been allowed to deteriorate? Given all the good we have heard about her over the years, are we likely to be disappointed?

No she is fine. We were on her in Oct and had a great cruise. Little different to the other cruises we have enjoyed on her. However expect the prices for her cruises to be on the high side. Remember she has only one deck of balconies.far fewer than the newer ships.

Whilst I can't comment on her current condition, I can say that I will really miss Oriana.  She is my favourite ship in the fleet and imho she has far more 'Ocean Liner' style to her than any of the others.  Similar to Aurora in many ways but I feel she has some areas that are much nicer - a lovely large piano bar at the top of the atrium with a Tiffany-glass-style ceiling, great sports bar in the Lord's Tavern, and great (free) spa area with sauna, steam room and indoor jacuzzi.  I would love to be able to cruise on her again but have an expensive cruise to Alaska booked for this year so sadly won't have that pleasure again :classic_sad:

I second Britboys, we will miss her very much. Whilst Aurora is probably our favourite, Oriana comes a very close second. She still has her beautiful library with the stunning Viscount Linley furniture, we love the cinema, in fact all the public rooms are elegant and the spaces work well. We love the tiered stern, the Tiffany glass atrium and just the sense that she is a proper ocean going ship not a block of flats on a barge. So long Oriana, we'll miss you.